Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

first versys ride of the year

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  silviefox 
#1 ·
well sucks that it took this long to pull it out of the living room but today i did!!!
yesterday i sold my POSVAN so i got a month of insurance and a full tank of gas (was on half a talk from last year). also aired up the tires (rear was @25ish front was at 18psi O.O) and went on a short ride around town (around 20-30 miles) and noticed the bike well "smelt hot"? it wasn't like burning oil stink or the sweetish smell of boiled coolant..... more like that smell you get when turning a heater on for the first time of the year if you know what i mean?.... the fan was also on when i got home(is what its suppose to do so should be no shock)
should i be worried? (well im always worried its one of the...."pleasures"? of being schizophrenic) or just not think about it?

in other news....
will this year be the year i finally become legal?
will i get a newer computer so i can edit and post videos better?
will i get a better camera so i can record better videos?
WHO KNOWS!!!!!!
:eek::confused:;):D:usa:

#2 ·
Two spots I hit.. An old bridge that I walk to time to time ( marks 4.2 miles from my house on my walking rout). And an interesting painting I've passed a few times..

All around was a nice first ride of the year for the Versys even 2 up:)

Attachments

#3 ·
Cool Spot. I'd worry about the smell it it keeps it up after a few rides.

#5 ·
im in oregon and it was about $25 for a month (i beleave it was like 250ish for a full year) and its for full coverage (encase it gets wrecked or stolen)
and yes coolant was at the proper level between the H and the L

#6 ·
as i thought the smell was just like it is with a heater and was just dust cooking off :)
went on a nice 50ish mile ride and no more smell *woot*

#13 ·
lol the crazy kind that the PO put those on there :rolleyes:

and ya it was just dust it went away by the second ride :) and ya i know i really need to get more WD-40 :D i coated it with the last bit i had back in December or January (cant really remember) ........and ewwwww

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.