Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Missed the corner over the bank

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Capn Kirk 
#1 · (Edited)
A young friend of mine was riding 550km today friday) to run a half marathon next day and then ride back home (sun) so thought i would ride with her 3/4 of the way and turn around and go back home which for me would of been a just over 700km ride but at the first real serious twisties which was 130 km I did my usual and took off and she may of tried to keep pace not sure but i did wait up the road a few k's when it was straight and had a bad feeling and yep got a call through the bluetooth nolan that she had crashed as a friend of mine on a harley who was also riding with us just seen the dust where she rode over the bank and glad he was there as we would of never found her if she was badly injured. She only has a splint on her wrist and I had to take her 130 k back on the back of the v to the hospital.

See less See more
#2 ·
I should say gear levers broken amongst a few other things but she did have insurance for it so it may be written off, the bike ended up at the bottom and she ended up in small tree to left of photo.

She is okay but was laughing one minute and in tears the next but she is a great kid and got a great spirit about her so she will be fine.

#4 ·
Dang! What is a "slint on her wrist"?

Beautiful countryside you have there. I always tell folks that ride with me to ride your own ride, and if I know they are inexperienced I stay at the speed limit or less and show them the proper lines to take through the curves.

Could have been much worse.

#7 · (Edited)
Splint is correct, she only had to wait 2.5 hrs at Accident and emergency at hospital as they not that fast to be checked out. She was in slight pain on the 80 min ride back to her house on the back of the v, dropped her off to get out of her bike gear rode to my house which is 10 min away and got my gear off and came back in my ute or truck to you guys and took her in to local hospital. The good thing about our emergency system is its free but we do pay it at fuel pumps and personal incomes through tax's but trade off is we have no right to sue.

Seen her this morning as my friend on a harley who was with us took her bag and dropped it back to me so went around to see her this morning and she okay but very sore and also knows things could of been a heck of a lot worse if you seen all the rocks and sticks/tree branch's around. I weighed her bag and it was heavy at 14 kgs or 30.8 lbs which must of had some effect on the 250cc sitting on that pack rack but main problem i think was target fixiation in a panic as she thought she was going to fast around a 35 k or or 21.7 mph corner but it was going uphill

#8 ·
This is an older photo when i took my son for a ride, this bridge is just 2 km from where she crashed and after the bridge in the opposite direction to the photo is gets real fun and twisty and that where I took off for my power run and left the other two behind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.