Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

new senior member from NC

3K views 16 replies 16 participants last post by  Zander 
#1 ·
Hi all, I've joined this forum after buying a '08 Versys. Is it true Red is the fastest color? LOL

I'm a senior rider, been on beemers and Guzzis for the last 15 years and found the V while looking for a light weight street machine. Other bikes considered were the WeeStrom, and the Yamaha FZ6 .

I found my V on craigslist and the PO had installed about everything I could ask for on the bike. Factory luggage, JCW topbox, lowered rear shock, lowered footpegs, heated grips, highway running lights, and a Corbin seat.

The Corbin looks better than what they made a few years ago, but still stiff as a board. It's o.k. though as I have beads or sheepskin cover if needed.

I took the bike on a camping trip two weeks ago to the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground and really enjoyed the bike.

I plan to ride the bike on a 1350 miles round trip in mid November to a beemer rally in Venice Florida. I usually get to 7-10 camping rallies a year.

Look forward to putting more miles on the V.

Regards,

Zander

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
I like that sentiment. A senior has always been at least 10 years older than whatever age I happen to be at the time. At 67, seniors have to be at least in their late 70s, perhaps early 80s. I wonder how much longer I'll be able to say that?? :D

#13 ·
Welcome, from another NC rider :welcome:

At my age I'm thinking senior as.....70 or older?

And....red is the fastest color only on the day you first post. Then it goes back to being green as it should be :D

Have fun, be safe and post lots of pics from your trips.

#15 · (Edited)
Welcome Zander: Good group here; very helpful and frequently amusing. I'm 67 and my blue '09 Versys will outrun your red Versys, unless I'm on it, which slows it considerably.
Enjoy your new ride. I got off my 1971 R75/5 in order to get my Versys; much more comfortable now. I travel and live in a motorhome, which makes it impossible to have a shop. Difficult to properly maintain a 40-year-old bike without a shop.

Attachments

#17 ·
Thanks for the welcomes, guys. It's also refreshing to know there are other Versys owners here from NC. Aren't we lucky to live near the BRP? Especially MtnVersys who lives in Waynesvile. When I'm in that area, my favorite stop for breakfast is Clyde's in Hazelwood. In business since 1945 I think.

As for the "senior" description, in my case I'm a septaugenarian. Younger woman asked if I wanted to go out sometime and I said "well, you need to know I'm a septaugenarian".

She said "that's o.k., I'm Presbyterian, we can go to your church one Sunday and mine the next".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.