Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Versys sightings....

182K views 700 replies 273 participants last post by  Itsgordo 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
SO HERE WE GO FOLKS...a "SIGHTING" thread.

#76 ·
i also havn't seen another v around here while riding, but my fast green one will be visible traveling 61 from Missouri to Wisconsin and back this friday and saturday.

#80 ·
A pair of blue ones coming down Ute Pass just below Divide, Colorado and a red one in front of Jo Mamas pizza in Woodland Park, Colorado AND a green one headed back up the pass at Cascade....yup...four in one day....actually five if you count mine. Would be interesting to see just how many are registered in Colorado.

#89 ·
First versys I've seen around here heading east on I-70 in the back of a maroon pickup, debadged with a longhorn sticker on the panel above foot peg.

#91 · (Edited)
Ask and you shall receive! Okay, so I saw a V rider for just a second, but I did see one! It was actually funny because I am always looking at bikes and really paying attention, but this time I wasn't even thinking about it. As the bike went by on my left I looked at the tail light and kept thinking, dang that looks familiar, then I quickly glanced at the stock pipe and there it was, a fellow V rider!

16 July 10, Northbound on Maryland Route 4, just entering Dunkirk. There was a bunch of stop and go traffic and you came by on the left, and then made a turn into the WaWa/Safeway shopping centers. I think it was a 2010 (black color) but didn't see the front or sides of the bike. Wearing a black hemet with white/silver graphics, red backpack, and brown pants. Would have caught up with you, but the traffic was so congested, you were way gone while I was still stopped and sitting in my cage. :)

#92 · (Edited)
On my way through Colorado and needing a place to light and really needing a shower I checked out the camp ground by the river in Hot Sulphur Springs. Mosquitoes everywhere and no facilities. So I cruised the town cause the next one was a ways away and I already had 500 for the day and I was done. Did I mention that it was hot and getting hotter? Well it was, and as I cruised the main street I saw this red bike and thought no it couldn't be. But it was a red one. Second one I have seen since I have started looking.

So I pulls in and gets a room for all of 53 bucks and life is good. (Hell I just paid 42.00 for a tent site in Jackson Hole WY.)

I meet up with forum member Miguelito and his lovely companion. They are on an extended trip and I'm not sure when they will return.

I took a couple of pictures of us the following morning and Miguelito will post the evidence of the encounter when he returns.

It is really nice to meet people that you can sit down and share an evening with and just relax after a long day on the road. I did 50 miles of new gravel over 2 passes and I needed a beer.

Salute to Miguelito and the lady- good people to meet!!!!

#95 ·
I am in Utah, have had my V since May and not seen a single other V on the road. Today, from Sandy to Layton, saw three! A blue one heading North on I-15, Davis County, and a red heading south in Davis county and another read merging onto I-15 around 72nd (with Givi hard luggage).

All three riders in gear, two in full leathers, and its been 95+ today!

All three bikes fully stickered...