Help me immigrate to Canada - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance
Go Back   Kawasaki Versys Forum > Kawasaki Versys Member's Lounge > Off Topic Discussions

Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

Old 10-25-2012, 08:59 AM

Hey After

Can't resist anymore ...
Have to tease you a bit

If you come to canada, you'll have to pay your taxes, and work a bit

Me, I was thinking of selling everything and move to a country where I don't pay taxes, have the social net and don't have to work ... These last few years, all I could think about was Greece

Ok, enough toying with you

Now for the flower or the bright side of things

Their's a big boom in the the petrolium industrie in alberta, it will cost you a bundle to live their, but the salary are good and you can rent or buy a house with coworker to ease the $ burdon
Like someone has already mentionned, if you have a "special" skill, you will have more chance to make it
I've heard of 20$ an hour working at fast food restaurant in alberta

So good luck, let us know !

Ciao

LO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrider View Post
I came here to America because of the freedom and opportunities it provides to an individual. I know you are not suppose to talk about politics here in this forum but i cant help wondering why you want to have this current president re-elected. I have seen leaders like this from where i came from and it gives me pause to think what could become of this great nation after he is done with "fundamentally transforming" it. You dont know what you have until you lose it. Just my 2 cents.
You may be right, but I can't in good faith elect any man that has so little regard for a woman's rights.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:13 AM

I think what many people tend to forget is that as a president you can't turn things around in 2-3 years. Sure would have been great if Obama could have turned the situation around on a dime, but it's just not possible. When he went into office, Bush had already done the damage with regards to international politics, economics, insane military budgets (making sure his friends made plenty money in the oil/military business but not caring for the average worker). Had Obama been elected during an economic boom he would have been seen as a hero even if he had little to do with it, now it's just the opposite that happened he was brought on a sinking ship.

I follow these elections very closely, and even if Obama isn't perfect. Going back to a republican goverment is the last thing you want not only for your country, but for the peace around the world. There is not one man on earth right now that could drop your unemployment rate under 5% and free you of dept in 2-3 years, just won't happen. Think after the great depression people started making money 4 years later? These are cycles and the mistakes that were done in the past will take time to fix. So basically many of the blames Romney puts on Obama should be addressed to Bush's legacy.

I'm afraid I followed these elections more closely then many Americans. You think it's ok that a guy making 20 millions a year pays 14% tax and wants it to stay that way? Seriously enough with the rich businessmen in power, a lesson should have been learned from the Bush administration...

Oh and I'm just so surprised after Romney saying 47% of americans are basically worthless and don't pull their own weight, that those same people would still vote for him! Just mind boggling.

Last edited by Kawa007; 10-25-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:33 AM

If Romney gets elected, I am gettin a sister wife for my wife (because I am such a good husband who cares about his wife).. maybe two or three.. what the hell.. the more the merrier!
Old 10-25-2012, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lours_Polaire View Post
Hey After

Can't resist anymore ...
Have to tease you a bit

If you come to canada, you'll have to pay your taxes, and work a bit

Me, I was thinking of selling everything and move to a country where I don't pay taxes, have the social net and don't have to work ... These last few years, all I could think about was Greece

Ok, enough toying with you

Now for the flower or the bright side of things

Their's a big boom in the the petrolium industrie in alberta, it will cost you a bundle to live their, but the salary are good and you can rent or buy a house with coworker to ease the $ burdon
Like someone has already mentionned, if you have a "special" skill, you will have more chance to make it
I've heard of 20$ an hour working at fast food restaurant in alberta

So good luck, let us know !

Ciao

LO

Ι take it as a tease first cause many people dont know what exactly happens in my country
The major part of people think that we dont want to work or pay taxes etc
The truth is that we were betrayed by our own politics, in many ways
They want to destroy the country, genocide

I will not continue this nightmare, i want to leave right know, and i will do it, i want the best for my family, especialy my 8 month old son

I decided to move there firstly as a visitor and search job from near, i have 6 months time
As i said i have economic knowledge(and university degree offcourse) and experience
Maybe next month will come in Alberta
Old 10-25-2012, 11:00 AM

Twenty-four hours above our fence
Fifty-five years of pollution
Everyone knows how the puzzle was laid
But can anyone recall the solution?
Old 10-25-2012, 11:18 AM

2009 Kawasaki Versys

Let's leave the politics out of an otherwise interesting thread.

Good luck, After. Hope things work out for you.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:40 AM

The guy is leaving his country for political reasons...so it's quite normal that politics are part of the thread, nobody's forcing anyone to read
Old 10-25-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massconn72 View Post
All I can say is that if Romney gets elected my wife and I are heading somewhere. If it's Canada, so be it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawa007 View Post
If Romney gets elected Im changing continent hehe
I recommend reading Plato's Apology. The only people I cannot abide by (whatever that means) are people who cannot live in a democratic society and deal with the outcome. I know that it is a joke for many, but there are far worse outcomes. The biggest issue to me is that fact that the two major party candidates are hardly separable from each other. Either way, I will stay here and try to assist what I consider to be the greatest nation on the planet (even though many do not see it that way).

Quote:
Originally Posted by After View Post
Ι take it as a tease first cause many people dont know what exactly happens in my country
Good luck.

I will never be good and that's not bad. - Ban-Anon
Old 10-28-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massconn72 View Post
All I can say is that if Romney gets elected my wife and I are heading somewhere. If it's Canada, so be it. A little cold for her but much easier to get to than Europe.
IMHO, IF Obama gets re-elected the US is going 'down-the-drain' a la Greece, and will take Canada down WITH it!

My KLR trip to Alaska, YT, NWT and BC in summer 2009
http://www.klr650.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69383

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, and Alaska, June '13
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=33153
Old 10-28-2012, 06:13 PM

Yeah things we're much better when it was Bush, those we're the good old days huh?...pouahaha!!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
IMHO, IF Obama gets re-elected the US is going 'down-the-drain' a la Greece, and will take Canada down WITH it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawa007 View Post
Yeah things we're much better when it was Bush, those we're the good old days huh?...pouahaha!!
Don't believe I said THAT.

If you're married to someone who spends every cent you make PLUS 50%, I suspect you'd be getting ready to have a 'heart-to-heart', and maybe making a change.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:12 PM

Yes but your memory seems to be selective. What about those wars that cost you trillions and trillions (and the biggest part of the dept you are in now)...and where it has been recognized by all after, was a mistake (Sadam had nothing to do with 9/11). Those are the kind of decisions a president CAN make. Being in an economic depression isn't a CHOICE, just happens that Obama is there during this depression that is hitting the majority of countries around the global, it's a global crisis. Look around not many countries have been blooming in the past 4 years, for many reasons we won't get into here.

If you want piece in the world, you'll want someone who understands the global conflicts. Romney has no clue what's going on.

And if people really wanted the economy to get back on tracks the first thing they should ask for is to close the door to all chinese importations (like putting a crazy tax on everything that comes from China). They copy objects designed in north america, and then sell them to us at a cheaper price. That means workers here lose their jobs, and can't afford quality goods so buy cheap chinese knockoffs. It's a vicious cycle I think they could easily address that would encourage entrepreneurs to make goods in the US instead of going for cheap labor overseas.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:15 PM

Ironic,

A Greek asks for advice about immigration issues to Canada, and we get American's talking about the USA and its political issues instead.

Once again, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp is the only government website to use for information on immigration to Canada. I'm a Canadian born and raised who married a Danish citizen. We went through the application process for Landed Immigrant status a decade ago for my wife. It can be frustrating and slow.

A few hints...

Many immigration consulting agencies are complete scams. Be very careful handing money over to these individuals as they have zero additional pull. The government immigration forms are designed so that any high school graduate can fill them in. Get a Skype account if necessary and fill in the forms yourself, and phone Immigration Canada's help line when you have questions. You will save yourself thousands of dollars. If you feel you must use an immigration consultant get a long reference list and check them all carefully. Many of these agencies prey on vulnerable people with little options. Use them only as a last possible option.

Have your sister develop a positive relationship with her Federal Government Member of Parliament. The staff in these offices can work miracles when necessary to speed things up. It doesn't matter what party the MP belongs to. The MP is your sister's link to the Federal government.

Start taking Rosetta Stone or similar English skills training ASAP. Having a strong working knowledge of English will make your interview with government immigration staff go much easier and will greatly help in your job search.

North of Edmonton in the town of Fort McMurray, things are absolutely booming with Oil Sands production. However this once tiny town is struggling to keep up with the mass influx of new resident oil workers and inflation has hit the area badly. If you get a work offer in this area ensure that you have accommodation plans included for the first couple of months as finding a place to live here is very difficult.

Getting a mortgage to buy a house will be tough until you have several years with a job. Without a reasonable Canadian work history, getting a home mortgage can be very tricky unless you are including a large down payment at time of purchase. Be prepared to rent for a while unless you can make a cash purchase of a property.

Best of luck with your move. The immigration process can be a slow pain in the @ss but once it is finished you will have a chance to live in the largest by geography, free country in the world.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:27 AM

Thank you splitmind
Old 10-30-2012, 03:56 PM

...and once you get here (Canada) you can tell us how good (or BAD...!) our "Greek" restaurants are....

Old 10-31-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
...and once you get here (Canada) you can tell us how good (or BAD...!) our "Greek" restaurants are....
I hope that i will able to tell soon
Old 12-12-2012, 08:50 PM

Hello again my friends

I am in Edmonton by 2.5 weeks now and i am looking for a job with LMO

It really cold here but its ok, i like the way of living here

edit:the restaurants are fine(Astro) :-))
Old 12-12-2012, 11:57 PM

2009 Kawasaki Versysy

TOP 10 REASONS TO LIVE IN ALBERTA

1. Big Rock
2. Preston Manning
3. Tax is 7 percent instead of approximately 200 per cent
4. The Premier is a fat, wife-beating alcoholic with a grade 4 education
5. Flames vs. Oilers
6. Stamps vs. Eskies
7. You can exploit almost any natural resource you can think of
8. Eventually, it will be your town's turn to ban VLT's
9. The Americans below you are all in anti-government militia groups
10. You can attempt to murder your rich oil tycoon husband and get
away with it.

anyway wish you well and trust you will be in Canada when the sun sets.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
TOP 10 REASONS TO LIVE IN ALBERTA

1. Big Rock
2. Preston Manning
3. Tax is 7 percent instead of approximately 200 per cent
4. The Premier is a fat, wife-beating alcoholic with a grade 4 education
5. Flames vs. Oilers
6. Stamps vs. Eskies
7. You can exploit almost any natural resource you can think of
8. Eventually, it will be your town's turn to ban VLT's
9. The Americans below you are all in anti-government militia groups
10. You can attempt to murder your rich oil tycoon husband and get
away with it.

anyway wish you well and trust you will be in Canada when the sun sets.
Gee fastoman, you seem well aware of our political/social way of living here !!!

Are you a canadian that "defected" to eastern asia ?

LOP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement