Recommend me auxiliary lights - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance
Go Back   Kawasaki Versys Forum > Kawasaki Versys Motorcycle Talk > Modifications - Performance

Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications
Sponsored by: LeoVince USA

Old 12-09-2012, 04:11 PM

Default lights

$20. at walmart. replaced side fairing bolt with a longer bolt and a spacer .

Cb
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	355.JPG
Views:	159
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	16360   Click image for larger version

Name:	354.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	16361  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2012, 09:32 AM

Christmas is another week away. Waiting for komy to reopen his shop is like forever!
- Front Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master pump - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS Brake lines - Osram Nightbreakers+ low, Osram Hyper Rallye 65W high - LED 30w spotlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low
Old 01-07-2013, 11:16 PM

Komy lights is shipped yesterday. ETA 2 weeks fastest. Sheesh. Am really anxious to see if it really lives up to expectations. And at 180+ USD i am having really, really high expectations.

By the way this just reach my doorstep today, have yet to unbox it. Waiting for the lights.

- Front Fender Extender - Radiator Guard - 19mm Nissin radial master pump - Nissin 4-pot caliper - SS Brake lines - Osram Nightbreakers+ low, Osram Hyper Rallye 65W high - LED 30w spotlights & 3w DRLs - Rear Hugger - Givi crash guards - Yoshimura TRC Carbon - Dynojet PC5 - Scottoiler - R1 shock with Ohlins 14.2 kg/mm spring - Imitation Givi Windshield - Rear Givi rack with 24ltr Givi top box - Bosch dual tones - Z800 stock mirrors.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low
Old 01-08-2013, 11:42 AM

Kawasaki Versys

Hi Andrew,
Rather than wait for Komy to ship to Thailand (where I'm living at the moment), I decided to fly to Hkg to collect myself (ok ok, I decided to make a business trip out of it as well). Komy has sent it off today, should arrive to my office tomorrow and I'll be back to try and get it fixed over the weekend.
However, my electrical knowledge ends with knowing how to insert batteries into remote controls. Are you going to wire up the set yourself or send it to a shop? If the former, can you also show me how? Can the front aux point (under the left fairing) be used (enough power etc?)

Cheers
Old 01-08-2013, 07:30 PM

Yes you can use the aux port but make sure to replace the fuse below the seat to a 15A. Current one plugged in is just 5A. Komy told me that 15A can handle both lights.

I did had thoughts of doing my own, planned to pull a separate wiring is per below, to free up the AUX port for something else in future.

but then again, other than riding the bike, I'm a retard in everything related to bike maintenance and electricals So as what I've always been doing, I'll pay some professionals to get it done. Dont wana risk burning my bike down, lol!

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low
Old 01-10-2013, 05:15 AM

Kawasaki Versys

Just got mine from Komy. I ordered two sets, one is 160L and the other 300L. Planning to fix the 300L on my Versys and the 160 on my PCX if I can find a suitable place on it without having to drill the fairing.

Komy suggested 5A and 10A fuse respectively?
Old 01-10-2013, 06:59 PM

I received mine yesterday too. Pretty fast shipping, just 1 week. However i can't seem to say for sure if it's a 30watt or a 20watt light he sent since there is no marking indicating so. Have nothing to compare against. Hence i guess i had to take it on faith.

He told me earlier that a 10amp fuse is enough for a pair of 30watt light.
you'd better ask him again for confirmation.

If you look at His ebay posting, way below at the description, there's a pic of a scooter similar to the pcx with the lights mounted on the handlebar. Can do the same for the pcx too. He did include bar mount together just like in my pic above right?

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low

Last edited by andrewhtf; 01-10-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:14 PM

2009 Kawasaki Versysy

cheap alternative but does the work.

USD 80 / pair.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:24 AM

Fastoman, i prefer led because of the white beam, and also more lumens per watt consumed, which the leds gave more.

Anyway u live in bandar puteri right? Just 40 minutes away from me in kapar, we could meet in town after i got it installed and we can compare

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low
Old 01-11-2013, 01:25 AM

Kawasaki Versys

Your LED looks like the big ones (I ordered both 1600L and 3000L so I can compare both) so I think it should be correct.

For the V, I think I might try installing them on my crash guards if it's not too low. On the PCX, I don't think I can install on my handlebars as I have a cup holder ( ) on the left handlebar and my GPS on the right one.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:00 AM

2007 Kawasaki 650 Versys

loving this thread guys I ride a bit at night with heaps of nocturnal wild-life and will get some of these super duper LED's when I can afford them.
I will set them up to a slightly high cross over pattern that widen my light spread in corners and hopefully give a view into the corner. I'm thinking about 1 down the middle ahead and 2 crossing over each other ahead..
Old 01-11-2013, 02:02 AM

2007 Kawasaki 650 Versys

Quote:
Originally Posted by yychow0812 View Post
Your LED looks like the big ones (I ordered both 1600L and 3000L so I can compare both) so I think it should be correct.

For the V, I think I might try installing them on my crash guards if it's not too low. On the PCX, I don't think I can install on my handlebars as I have a cup holder ( ) on the left handlebar and my GPS on the right one.
Have you really got a cup holder? As in a drink holder?
Old 01-11-2013, 07:29 PM

Chow, mounting on the engine guard seems easy choice, but trust me, if you ever lay your bike down, the lights are the first to go.

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low
Old 01-11-2013, 09:28 PM

Kawasaki Versys

Yes, I do, really
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cupholder.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	16590  
Old 01-11-2013, 09:29 PM

Kawasaki Versys

Hi Andrew,
Can you give me the link to where you ordered this?

Cheers
YY
Old 01-11-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crow View Post
Have you really got a cup holder? As in a drink holder?

Need something to hold my liquor..

IMG_0034 by weljo2001, on Flickr

My Farkles......http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=20013
My Video Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/weljo2001?feature=mhee
My Photos...http://www.flickr.com/photos/54181788@N06/sets/

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Old 01-12-2013, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yychow0812 View Post
Hi Andrew,
Can you give me the link to where you ordered this?

Cheers
YY
Ordered wat? The lights? I emailed komy direct since his ebay posting indicated a thousand usd for shipping, so instead of ebay, we deal direct. He sent me a payment request via paypal, i paid via paypal and he sent through hongkong post for another 13usd. Took it on faith since it seems he has done many before. Have yet to test the lights, pretty busy for another 2 weeks.

I guess he has since amended the shipping charge

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Cree-12V-...item20ce7342ba

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low
Old 01-12-2013, 04:11 AM

Kawasaki 2011 verseys , 2009 klxf

Norothern tool just came out with a variaty of small waterproof ones in differant configurations that are easly mountable and extraemly bright for $25-49 each
Old 01-12-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by careystrickland View Post
Norothern tool just came out with a variaty of small waterproof ones in differant configurations that are easly mountable and extraemly bright for $25-49 each
Which?

http://m.northerntool.com/northernto...sc&isAll=false

Up next :
- Protaper SE ATV Low
Old 01-13-2013, 01:55 AM

Just installed and replaced my Daylight driving LEDs. This is a real spot light, LED, suspected rating at 25 Watts each.

It is brighter than the headlamp. Currently untested in the night. Will up a pic when I get a chance to shoot in the night.

Initial installation was a failure, with the LED showing a dim output...worse off than a daylight driving light. I thought I was conned by the seller. Also, too dumb to not test it directly connected to the battery to check its actual brightness before installing to the bike.

Revisited the installation and tested the spotlight with a direct connection to the battery. Viola! It was super bright and projected a light coverage on the wall. Then I checked what's the root cause of the dimness and found it to be the ON-OFF switch. This switch is a fancy one with illumination and comes with a 34 Ohms internal resistance. I swap the switch that has 0.05 Ohms and the problem was solved. Lesson learned, check the switch resistance, especially when it is lighted when ON.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement