12-21-2012 End of the World as we know it!! - Page 5 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance
Go Back   Kawasaki Versys Forum > Kawasaki Versys Member's Lounge > Off Topic Discussions

Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

Old 12-05-2012, 01:04 AM

We are 15 days away!

I'll tell you what, I really got into the vibe of that song, excellent!
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 06:05 PM

We are 14 days from the end of the world as we know it!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:18 PM

and i feel fine
Old 12-05-2012, 06:48 PM

60 degrees today! Just beautiful! I came upon a burn area! Could this be from solar flares? Or maybe just an old fire? Kinda cool area!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VERSYS.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	16336  
Old 12-05-2012, 07:54 PM

2009 Kawasaki Versysy

Maybe the countdown has started.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/loca...uckland-3-dead
Old 12-05-2012, 07:56 PM

2010 Kawasaki Versys

I guess its time for me to get a few of my colleagues and go back in time and get a couple whales, bring them back to the present and we will all be saved.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
I guess its time for me to get a few of my colleagues and go back in time and get a couple whales, bring them back to the present and we will all be saved.

just remember where you parked the ship
Old 12-05-2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post

I just watched that one on cable. It was awesome, some diet pepsi and some popcorn, heck ya. Save the world Kirk!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:24 PM

Exclamation

You drink Diet Pepsi laced with Aspartame?! Please say it aint so, MTS.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:59 AM

I know its my one bad thing. Tried to quit and now back drinking it.

I thought for it to be bad, you would have to drink a hundred cans a day or something like that. Lab rats injected with Aspartame would have to drink 100 pops a day to get the same levels of Aspertame for a bad result?
Old 12-06-2012, 01:14 AM

Aspartame is composed of aspartic acid, phenylalanine, and methanol which breaks down into formic acid and formaldehyde (deadly neurotoxin). It is cumulative, and any small amount consumed accumulates in the body, causing widespread damage and eventually death. It has long been in Japan where Stevia, a natural sweetener which is safe for diabetics is more commonly used.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...d-to-food.aspx

Stick to sugar. Our body needs it for energy.

Last edited by invader; 12-06-2012 at 07:51 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:59 AM

Ok that is enough to make a guy change his mind fast.

I am seriously done with Aspartame! Good Lord, why would they the FDA ever allow that. Thanks invader I am done with that stuff!

Live long and prosper!
Old 12-06-2012, 02:13 AM

2008 Kawasaki versys
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41

Don't worry about the Aspartame as the 21st is right around the corner.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Ok that is enough to make a guy change his mind fast.

I am seriously done with Aspartame! Good Lord, why would they the FDA ever allow that. Thanks invader I am done with that stuff!

Live long and prosper!
It's all about the money... The FDA is of course seriously corrupted, and is in no way concerned at all about your health and safety.

http://www.mercola.com/article/aspartame/fda.htm

The U.S. Air Force has formally warned all pilots to abstain from consuming Diet Drinks in their official Flying Safety publication (May & August 1992.) Their Aspartame Alert article was based on that of the U.S. Navy to pilots earlier in Navy Physiology. 78% of all consumer complaints to the FDA are about reactions to Aspartame (NutraSweet, Equal, etc).
http://rense.com/health/aspertame.htm

http://www.aspartamesafety.com/Article4.htm

Other researchers have found that any kind of sweet taste signals body cells to store carbohydrates and fats, which in turn causes the body to crave more food.

Sweet tastes promote the release of insulin, which blocks the body's ability to burn fat. This is an adaptive response, because for millions of years sweet tastes have meant that blood glucose levels are about to rise, and when there is excess sugar, it ought to be stored for times when food is not readily available. Artificial sweeteners have the same effect on insulin: sweet diet drinks will increase insulin and thus the storage of fat. In diet sodas though, no sugar is provided by the beverage, so the consumer stores away glucose already present in the blood. Now that glucose is not available for energy. Blood sugar takes a dive, the person likely feels lethargic, and then feelings of hunger kick in. The consumer eats more, and gains weight. The consumer may reach for another diet soda or even a candy bar to get that pick-me-up feeling.

No published study has demonstrated that drinking diet soda will cause a person to lose weight.

My drink of choice is chocolate milk... I consume about 200 US gallons per year.

Last edited by invader; 12-06-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:31 AM

The Langley Schools Music Project- "Calling Occupants"

Performed by Langley's elementary school students in BC Canada, 1977...

Last edited by invader; 12-06-2012 at 04:09 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
It's all about the money... The FDA is of course seriously corrupted, and is in no way concerned at all about your health and safety.

And then there's the high speed disclaimer tossed in about how this drug will cure your acne,depression.....but may cause you to develop a rash followed by thoughtst of suicide (that really cures depression) and death.

Don't start me on genetic mutation in our food supply

Last edited by BLACK DOG; 12-06-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:29 AM

Quote:

The U.S. Air Force has formally warned all pilots to abstain from consuming Diet Drinks in their official Flying Safety publication (May & August 1992.) Their Aspartame Alert article was based on that of the U.S. Navy to pilots earlier in Navy Physiology. 78% of all consumer complaints to the FDA are about reactions to Aspartame (NutraSweet, Equal, etc).
http://rense.com/health/aspertame.htm

http://www.aspartamesafety.com/Article4.htm

Other researchers have found that any kind of sweet taste signals body cells to store carbohydrates and fats, which in turn causes the body to crave more food.

Sweet tastes promote the release of insulin, which blocks the body's ability to burn fat. This is an adaptive response, because for millions of years sweet tastes have meant that blood glucose levels are about to rise, and when there is excess sugar, it ought to be stored for times when food is not readily available. Artificial sweeteners have the same effect on insulin: sweet diet drinks will increase insulin and thus the storage of fat. In diet sodas though, no sugar is provided by the beverage, so the consumer stores away glucose already present in the blood. Now that glucose is not available for energy. Blood sugar takes a dive, the person likely feels lethargic, and then feelings of hunger kick in. The consumer eats more, and gains weight. The consumer may reach for another diet soda or even a candy bar to get that pick-me-up feeling.

No published study has demonstrated that drinking diet soda will cause a person to lose weight.

My drink of choice is chocolate milk... I consume about 200 US gallons per year.
How many pounds of Hershey bars do you have to feed a cow to produce one gallon of chocolate milk??
Old 12-06-2012, 08:44 AM

We are 13 days from the end of the world as we know it!

Time is just flying by!
Old 12-06-2012, 05:30 PM

You mean 14 days and 10 hours... It's at 11:11 GMT. It'll be at 6:11 am EST where I'm at.

http://www.december212012.com/CDC.htm
Old 12-06-2012, 05:46 PM

2008 Kawasaki versys
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41

Quote:
You mean 14 days and 10 hours... It's at 11:11 GMT. It'll be at 6:11 am EST where I'm at.

http://www.december212012.com/CDC.htm
You mean I got wait all day on the 21st for the world to end as we are 13 hrs ahead of london at the moment due to our daylight savings time being 1 hr forward. If my maths are correct the world will not end here until 00:11 on the 22nd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement