FOR SALE: Lots of 09 Blue Versys Parts - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance
Go Back   Kawasaki Versys Forum > Classifieds > For Sale

For Sale Items for sale

Old 11-26-2012, 06:50 PM

Default Lots of 09 Blue Versys Parts

I'm parting out another 09 Blue Versys. I'm keeping the powertrain and all electricals except for the lights for another KLRsys but all the body work and almost all chassis parts are up for sale. We have already put some stuff on ebay, my daughter set me up an ebay store. http://stores.ebay.com/2nd-Life-Cycles?_rdc=1

This Versys had only 1040mi on it and it was in excellent condition. I did notice a small amount of corrosion on the rear footpeg frames but that's it.

We're asking roughly half of retail for most parts. If I don't have to list it on Ebay I'll take half of BikeBandit.com prices. I wish I had a list of all the parts and prices but I haven't had time to make one.

I parted out an 09 earlier this year, click here to see that thread. I'm doing exactly the same thing.

If you're interested in what I do with the powertrain click here.

This is the bike before I dissassembled it. There is a lowering link on the rear shock that we will be selling. What is sold: the seat, the black plastic parts below the grab handles and the upper left cowling. I have everything else that is not powertrain related or electrical.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 09:04 PM

pm sent for seat quote.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:46 PM

pm sent for blue cowling/tank/fender
Barkbusters External Handlebar Endweight
Superlite Black 520 44T Rear Sprocket
Speedy's Lowering Kit
Speedy's Flatfoot
Speedy's Antivibration Handlebar Riser
Givi Tall Windscreen
Cortech Sport Tail Bag
Motogear Soft Saddlebags
Fender Chop/Bobbed
Hepco & Becker Crash Bars
Ram Handlebar Cellphone Mount
Old 11-26-2012, 10:20 PM

Default PM's

PM's are being answered.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:24 PM

How are the tires? Interested in both front and rear.

2006 Ninja 500 - Bone Stock & Beautiful
2008 Versys - Farkled To The Max
Old 11-26-2012, 10:26 PM

Also(I think I asked this before but can't remember) do the clear turn signals hook to the 08 wiring the same? If so I'd love those to swap my orange with clear.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:32 PM

The tires look good, 1040mi. I will put up some pictures but it will have to wait until tomorrow. I'll also get a picture of the connectors on the turn signals. I don't know for a fact that they would connect to an 08, but I can't imagine Kawasaki would change connectors.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:16 AM

I am just curious, would it not be easier to keep the basic chasis of the VS and put larger wheels on it. I am sure the forks are way better than the KLR's. I have seen a few people do it with the ninja 650's

I saw the last one, and have told many people about it. I thought it was an awesome idea.

Do you have an idea of what the overall cost is to do this? with buying both bikes then selling off all the extras, just curious what the bottom line is.

Good luck with the sale, I am sure the parts will go quickly.

Todd
Old 11-27-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRsys View Post
The tires look good, 1040mi. I will put up some pictures but it will have to wait until tomorrow. I'll also get a picture of the connectors on the turn signals. I don't know for a fact that they would connect to an 08, but I can't imagine Kawasaki would change connectors.
I can wait until tomorrow - that's fine. If I can score tires with 1000 miles on them it would probably save me a lot of $$.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapntx View Post
I am just curious, would it not be easier to keep the basic chasis of the VS and put larger wheels on it. I am sure the forks are way better than the KLR's. I have seen a few people do it with the ninja 650's

I saw the last one, and have told many people about it. I thought it was an awesome idea.

Do you have an idea of what the overall cost is to do this? with buying both bikes then selling off all the extras, just curious what the bottom line is.

Good luck with the sale, I am sure the parts will go quickly.

Todd
It might be easier but I wouldn't end up with what I wanted, one bike that is good on the long highway rides and also decent offroad. I'm not comfortable for long on a Versys or a Ninja, and neither is any good offroad, so for my purposes they are a poor starting point. I like the ergo's of a KLR, with a good seat I can ride it all day. It will go down the highway just fine, but with a Versys mill it runs highway great and has good range (6gal tank). Real cruise control helps a lot. Offroad the KLR is not the best, but with a little tweaking it can be improved dramatically. The Versys may have a better fork design but doesn't have the travel. And the KLR has such great aftermarket support. If you could ride it, you would understand. Next time I'm in McKinney I'll let you know, maybe we can hook up and you can try it yourself.
I didn't track my costs on the first one, but we are going to on the second one. We will see...
Old 11-27-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRsys View Post
It might be easier but I wouldn't end up with what I wanted, one bike that is good on the long highway rides and also decent offroad. I'm not comfortable for long on a Versys or a Ninja, and neither is any good offroad, so for my purposes they are a poor starting point. I like the ergo's of a KLR, with a good seat I can ride it all day. It will go down the highway just fine, but with a Versys mill it runs highway great and has good range (6gal tank). Real cruise control helps a lot. Offroad the KLR is not the best, but with a little tweaking it can be improved dramatically. The Versys may have a better fork design but doesn't have the travel. And the KLR has such great aftermarket support. If you could ride it, you would understand. Next time I'm in McKinney I'll let you know, maybe we can hook up and you can try it yourself.
I didn't track my costs on the first one, but we are going to on the second one. We will see...

Thanks for the info, I would definitely like to see it. I have been riding a DR650 for a long time now, and really like the bike. I have never thrown a leg over a KLR so can really comment on it.

BTW if you are ever in the area and need any mechanical help I have a tire changer and balancer and can just about fix anything that breaks.

Thanks again,
Todd
Old 11-28-2012, 04:01 PM

2008 Kawasaki Versys

I'm guessing the clutch cable was used again as well? :-)
Osram 65W Bright replacements
... And the all important gremlin bell, courtesy of my wife.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psalm11_6 View Post
I'm guessing the clutch cable was used again as well? :-)
Yes, I did use the clutch cable on the last bike. Not 100% sure yet on this one, but most likely I will use it.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:38 PM

I sent a PM but the site isn't showing anything sent.

How much for the handle bars, front brake rotors and brake lever?
Old 11-28-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamlegend21087 View Post
I sent a PM but the site isn't showing anything sent.

How much for the handle bars, front brake rotors and brake lever?
I got your pm. I get back to on that within the hour.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:49 PM

any update on those tire pics, and a price? Last time you quoted me $100 for both tires. Can we do the same deal? If so, how much to ship?

Last edited by 06EXTN; 11-28-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06EXTN View Post
any update on those tire pics, and a price? Last time you quoted me $100 for both tires. Can we do the same deal? If so, how much to ship?
PM sent. Sorry about the delay.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:17 PM

Default Swingarm Available

I'd be interested in knowing if the swingarm is still available and if so what is the estimated price.

I am in need of one after crushing the lower right arm of my swing arm on a rock this summer.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:28 PM

money sent for the tires and turn signals! I hope they are a direct plugin. Thanks very much.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:50 PM

2009 Kawasaki Versys

Can you send me a quote for the rims? Don't need the tires, would like the cush drive and brake discs but don't absolutely need them.

Edit: And the upper-right cowling as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement