Hello from Toronto - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance
Go Back   Kawasaki Versys Forum > Kawasaki Versys Member's Lounge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:03 PM

Default Hello from Toronto

Hey guys, I've been doing some research for the past few months and it looks like the Versys is my next bike. I'll be riding it pretty much everywhere from city streets to long trips and a bit off road.
I think the 2012 black/yellow colour is pretty as hell and I'm looking for deals at the local dealers.
Also been reading this forum for a while and found out lots of useful information. Anyways, happy to join the forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 04:18 PM

2008 Kawasaki versys
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41

Welcome and the versys is pretty good at most roads urban or rural but on the stock V would not advise going to far off road, I think bike is fine on shingle/dirt roads or you may call them fire roads but its not a DR or a KLR.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:25 PM

Old 10-25-2012, 05:35 PM

Welcome, from just a short hop down the 401. Good luck bike hunting. It's a great choice.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:46 PM

Hi there. Got a brand new 2011 (not 2012, but still brand new) for 5995$ + $500 PDI at Newman Motorsport in Montreal last Thursday. That's an excellent price! Call them, talk to Anthony.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:10 PM

2010 Kawasaki Versys

Welcome aboard!

Versys Owners/Riders Map Here.

Add your name and see who's near you!

Old 10-30-2012, 04:52 PM

Greetings from down the 401 as well.
Kawasaki Ninja250R Sold
Kawasaki Versys Current Bike
Old 11-26-2012, 03:56 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

So, I pulled the trigger on a 2012 Versys (yellow/black) with the Givi side cases. I'm so stoked about it, i can't even begin to tell you.

I'll have to wait to pick it up until the end of March though cause I've decided to winterize it at the dealership.
I got a really good deal too, $8000 CAD OTD everything included.

Planning the farkle list already
Old 11-26-2012, 05:12 PM

Looks like you got a great deal. The hard cases included saves a lot of coin. Congrats.

P.S. Gonna feel like a looonnngg Winter
Old 11-26-2012, 10:49 PM

2010 Kawasaki Versys

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorider View Post
Hey guys, I've been doing some research for the past few months and it looks like the Versys is my next bike. I'll be riding it pretty much everywhere from city streets to long trips and a bit off road.
I think the 2012 black/yellow colour is pretty as hell and I'm looking for deals at the local dealers.
Also been reading this forum for a while and found out lots of useful information. Anyways, happy to join the forum.
Welcome! Consider some crash bars if you are going off road, hate to see you ruin a new bike.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:13 AM

2009 Kawasaki Versys
Default Greetings

Welcome aboard

Where did you get that deal from!!!
Seems like you did real well for yourself, great to see and good taste in your selection of a bike
Old 11-27-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddc View Post
Welcome aboard

Where did you get that deal from!!!
Seems like you did real well for yourself, great to see and good taste in your selection of a bike
Got it from a dealership near Ottawa, they were liquidating the stock as the place was switching owners or something. The last one too
Old 11-27-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Got it from a dealership near Ottawa, they were liquidating the stock as the place was switching owners or something. The last one too
Was it Kawasaki Good Time Center on Hunt Club?
Old 11-27-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post
Welcome! Consider some crash bars if you are going off road, hate to see you ruin a new bike.
Oh, I got a whole list of accessories, crash bars included.

I really like the Givi engine guard better than the SW-Motech one, but then it will be a pain to install the SW-Motech skid plate. Those guys from Motorcycle USA used this setup for their long term Versys and they mentioned that it was a pain to get to work.

Still considering which one I should go with.
Givi engine guard
Sw-Motech
Old 11-27-2012, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Was it Kawasaki Good Time Center on Hunt Club?
Rockland Wheels
Old 11-27-2012, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Oh, I got a whole list of accessories, crash bars included.

I really like the Givi engine guard better than the SW-Motech one, but then it will be a pain to install the SW-Motech skid plate. Those guys from Motorcycle USA used this setup for their long term Versys and they mentioned that it was a pain to get to work.

Still considering which one I should go with.
Givi engine guard
Sw-Motech
In general I find the SW-Motech products I have to be of higher quality than the Givi products I own although I have not seen the Givi crash bars so cannot offer a comparison there. The SW-Motech rack is superior to the Givi rack as it is much lighter and is a better design, replacing the heavy rear grab handles.

Fender extender on the front wheel is nice, and cheap, to have IMO as it keeps muck and other stuff off the engine and radiator. I see no reason for a radiator guard if you have one.

Last edited by twowheels; 11-27-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:01 PM

Congrats on buying one of the best mid size bike available. Your going to love it.
Just to add to Chatmaurice's reply, I wanted to check because I too bought my 2007 Versys in the fall of 2008 at Newman Rive-sud from Anthony. I paid $6088. but they only charged me $275 PDI and transport, I was out the door for $7200. It's interesting that they still give great deals on the Versys, because the suggested retail has gone up almost $1000 since 2007.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:13 PM

2008 Kawasaki Versys

Welcome, and congrats on the purchase!

Dave C
Old 11-28-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moflow View Post
Congrats on buying one of the best mid size bike available. Your going to love it.
Just to add to Chatmaurice's reply, I wanted to check because I too bought my 2007 Versys in the fall of 2008 at Newman Rive-sud from Anthony. I paid $6088. but they only charged me $275 PDI and transport, I was out the door for $7200. It's interesting that they still give great deals on the Versys, because the suggested retail has gone up almost $1000 since 2007.
When I picked mine up about 10 days ago I asked them why their pricing on the V's were so much lower than everyone else, the finance manager told me that Kawasaki has a different price list for Quebec vs. the rest of the country. They weren't arguing as 50% of their sales come from Ontario and the Maritimes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement