New addition to the stable "Team Green"! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance
Go Back   Kawasaki Versys Forum > Kawasaki Versys Member's Lounge > Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion

Other Motorcycle Make and Model Discussion Discuss other motorcycles by Kawasaki or any other motorcycle / automobile manufacturer here.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:47 AM

Default New addition to the stable "Team Green"!

This addition comes on the heels of some sad news for the local Kawasaki dealership. They are closing their doors forever. I stopped in and was told the news. The owner told me that they were selling everything in the business at cost so they wouldn't have to deal with sending everything back to wherever. I picked up some maintenance supplies, some causual wear, etc. Then I was looking around and said "does that deal go for the bikes as well?". He said "Yes, and no fees. Just Tax, Tag and Title" I was intrigued and starting looking at the different bikes that were on the showroom floor.

Ninja 1400? If it had been green, maybe. But then I thought about insurance cost on that monster and knew it wasn't for me.

Got thinking about Green. So far a Kawasaki green bike has eluded me and I really like that color. Sure my '08 KLR had a touch of candy lime green, but not "team green". The year after I bought my '07 Ninja 650 Kawasaki came out with a lime green 650R. Just didn't seem to be in the stars.

I turned the corner and there it was. A 2012 Lime Green KLX250S. I thought about having to kick start the old Honda dual sport and that I really needed to do a frame up restoration on it. This bike would be a perfect addition to my garage. I asked how much? He told me and I said, "Can I pick out any posters that you have on the walls, get the service manual and oil filters if I buy this bike? He said sure. The deal was done.

Awesome little dual sport! Much better suspension than the KLR650 and because it is so light it is a breeze to ride. I did find out that there are guys to actually Dual Sport tour on these little bikes and there is a lot of aftermarket support for them.

So, without further ado, here it is.

Where I live there are many roads with the "hollow" and "ridge" in the name. We even have roads that have water crossings instead of bridges.

Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 11:05 AM

Their loss was your gain, what a sweet little bike!!

P.S. I want a green Kawi too. So far, 0 for 2.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:29 AM

Well done one of my favorite bikes! Bore kit will at a ton of power if you want or need it!

You have the great two punch combo now!
Old 11-23-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Well done one of my favorite bikes! Bore kit will at a ton of power if you want or need it!

You have the great two punch combo now!
Had a DRZ400S back in '06-'08. Nice bike, but tall, heavy, and needed a sixth gear. The 250 seems perfect for what I want to do with it. I might do a bore kit when it starts getting tired.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:34 PM

2008 Kawasaki Versys

You're gonna love it!! They are neat bikes for sure.

I like good deals too......Can you tell me the name and location of the dealership?
Best I remember from meeting you in Nashville last years at the Kawasaki demo rides you were from somewhere in middle Tennessee.

Thanks,
Dan
Old 11-23-2012, 06:17 PM

That's one great little 250, especially at that cost. It's also very beautiful, and gets excellent fuel mileage.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:33 PM

Coolness...have fun!

Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
Reading Material: motobones.com
Old 11-23-2012, 07:07 PM

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/789...k-and-dynojet/

http://www.jcmotors.com/p-15337-dyno...0-s-09-10.aspx

http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/2152.pdf

http://www.dynojet.com/graphs/Kawasa...250SFGraph.jpg
Old 11-23-2012, 07:56 PM

Thanks for the links.
Old 11-24-2012, 12:57 PM

2009 Kawasaki '09.5 Blue

Very nice! Seems like an excellent addition!!
I just sold my KLR, making room for something like this. My local dealer has a leftover '10 for under 4, but it has the street package on it. Still looking.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:00 PM

2009 Kawasaki '09.5 Blue

I just sold my KLR, making room for something like this. My local dealer has a leftover '10 for under 4, but it has the street package on it. Besides, it's Blue. Still looking.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron650 View Post
I just sold my KLR, making room for something like this. My local dealer has a leftover '10 for under 4, but it has the street package on it. Besides, it's Blue. Still looking.
Saw that bike on cycletrader. Would love to have it in my garage. If I could find one for that price close enough I would go for it. Cheaper to put S tires on an SF than the opposite.
Old 11-24-2012, 04:07 PM

2009 Kawasaki Versys, green of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkawboy View Post
You're gonna love it!! They are neat bikes for sure.

I like good deals too......Can you tell me the name and location of the dealership?
Best I remember from meeting you in Nashville last years at the Kawasaki demo rides you were from somewhere in middle Tennessee.

Thanks,
Dan
+1. You gonna say what dealer or what?
Old 11-24-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipco View Post
+1. You gonna say what dealer or what?
I did tell him who the dealer is. If you are going to come to the middle Tennessee area before December 1st and want the information send me a PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:08 PM

Did a little Dual Sport Poker Run this weekend. 181 miles to get there and home. 120 miles of dual sport riding. One very sore behind.

The area we rode in is called the Dirt Devil and is around the Natchez Trace between Centerville and Leipers Fork, TN.

We started the ride at Leipers fork at a motorcycle hangout. The young lady in the foreground is the person who designed the ride and set up all the markers to help us from getting lost.

Some pics pulled from my GoPro Camera.

The bike kicking up some water so you can get a feel for the depth of the crossing. Would have been nice had I been following other riders for the video, but I didn't catch up to anyone until about the 1/2 way mark.

When we got back to the starting point, I was looking around at all the different bikes that had gathered. I heard a guy talking about his classic BMW and knew I heard that voice before. Mike now makes his home in the Nashville area. I would love to go see his collection of bikes.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:53 AM

2009 Kawasaki Versys, green of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I did tell him who the dealer is. If you are going to come to the middle Tennessee area before December 1st and want the information send me a PM.
Sorry, I just got this. Just wondering why the big secret.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipco View Post
Sorry, I just got this. Just wondering why the big secret.
It feels like a good riding buddy moved far away. It was my hangout, they matched all internet pricing and let me ride any bike I wanted to ride. Just didn't feel like I needed to share their name since they couldn't make a go of it. I am going to miss them.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:00 PM

Just caught this thread. Congrats on the bike. I picked one up myself a few weeks back and today my best friend is getting one.
This is my first time offroad and I feel like a newbie again but it sure is fun. Lots of dirty fun ahead of me
Old 12-05-2012, 12:59 PM

2010 Kawasaki Versys

Somehow I missed this one too. That is a really nice bike, and that Poker Run looked like a lot of fun! You got to meet Mike too, pretty cool!

That is a really nice stable you have there TwoWheels.
IBA #23562
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thump52
Sponsored Links
Advertisement