Sluggish power output - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance
Go Back   Kawasaki Versys Forum > Kawasaki Versys Motorcycle Talk > Technical Discussion

Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

Old 11-20-2012, 04:32 AM

Again, Kawasaki Versys forum to the rescue...awesome place...... I too notice a slight vibration on my bike. Time to go change the sprockets as well since its already 24K km. Cheers all....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 06:04 AM

Hi there... check your Air filter too.... if that is clogged up somewhat - that would lead to poor air flow into the Carbi and -then you get one unhappy Versys...
Old 06-10-2013, 01:58 PM

I like to compare the chain coming off to the chain I am putting on. You can visualize stretching by laying them on a clean surface side by side. Also, hanging the used chain and observing lateral slack.

I recently had a 86 VFR that had the chain tensioners installed inside out. When I tried to reassemble the same way, I simply could not make it fit. When I inspected closer, the wear indicator stickers were facing the inside. I turned them around and the rear wheel slipped right into place. However the chain quickly weared after this, and is being replaced. I am betting that chain will have a considerable amount of lateral slack.
86 VF1000R
74 CB350F in process
Sponsored Links
Advertisement