Wolfman Tank Bag? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance
Go Back   Kawasaki Versys Forum > Kawasaki Versys Motorcycle Talk > General Kawasaki Versys Discussions

General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:15 PM

Default Wolfman Tank Bag?

What experience do you guys (and gals) have with the Wolfman tank bags?

I looked at the Explorer Lite while up at Aerostich this summer and it seems to fit the Versys very well.

Thanks,

Mitch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2012, 05:09 PM

Great bags! I almost bought one of those, but my GF gave me a small Firstgear one. I may end up buying the Enduro or Small Expedition to use on both the Versys and KLR as needed. I like that you can add on to the basic bags the they make.

Everyone I know that has a Wolfman loves it. PLUS they stand behind what they make and you can get replacement parts from them. I broke a buckle on a Buell bag and had a very hard time finding one after H-D shut Buell down.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:33 PM

I've got the Rainier. Bigger than the E light. Highly recommended.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:28 AM

I've got a wolfman alpha bag and if the tankbag is the same quality (which it should be) I say get it as it will last forever.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:25 PM

2009 Kawasaki Versys

I also have the Rainier. Super happy with it too. You can't go wrong with Wolfman. They make top quality gear. Worth the asking price.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by versman View Post
I also have the Rainier. Super happy with it too. You can't go wrong with Wolfman. They make top quality gear. Worth the asking price.
I want to point out they are not over priced at all. I found them to be inline OR a bit less than some of the other bags I looked at. NOW you may have to pay a bit more for a rain cover but the money's well spent.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:13 PM

2009 Kawasaki '09.5 Blue

Both of those look really nice. Might be time to upgrade my Cortech.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:14 PM

Thanks, those were exactly the reviews I was looking for.

Given that the length and width of the Rainier and the Explorer Lite are the same, and I don't think the extra height will hurt, I will probably opt for the extra storage of the Rainier.

Mitch

Last edited by Slow-Steady; 11-19-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:45 PM

I was up at AeroStich a month or so ago and they were cleaning out a bunch of stuff they had in their showroom so I piked up an Explorer Lite (and several other things) at a great deal.

Anyway .... after watching it snow all morning I decided that if I couldn't ride I could at least go get my bag mounted.
-The back straps were easy to get on, just pop the seat and run them around the frame.
-The front straps were a bit more tricky but one I took some plastic off (tank fairings and the turn signals) I was able to get the straps in place. Just be extra careful on the right side that you get the straps under the wiring that runs along the frame member.

Overall I'm very happy with how it sits on the bike and the bag seems to be very solid. Running out of daylight but if anyone wants a photo, just let me know and I can take one later.

I may send an e-mail to Wolfman to see if I can set of 4 of the female buckles so that I can rig up an extra X out of just 1" tubular webbing that I could clip on in place of the bag if I ever take the bag off, that way the front straps can't fall down inside the front fairing.

Mitch
Old 03-17-2013, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
I want to point out they are not over priced at all. I found them to be inline OR a bit less than some of the other bags I looked at. NOW you may have to pay a bit more for a rain cover but the money's well spent.
They might not be overpriced, but they are expensive. I've never paid over $30 for a tank bag in the size that the wolfman enduro bags are. I may still get one because there are no other options for the KLX250S that I have found so far.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
They might not be overpriced, but they are expensive. I've never paid over $30 for a tank bag in the size that the wolfman enduro bags are. I may still get one because there are no other options for the KLX250S that I have found so far.
I have had a couple of those $30.00 bags. None lasted more than a year or two. The Buell Brand bag I had for my XB was over $100.00 and the "Piping" was falling apart in two year, and it saw limited use.

The Wolfman looks like it'll out last ME, now that may OR may not be saying much . So even if it cost more going in it's worth it in the long run as you only buy one.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:29 PM

I have Wolfman bags on both my KLR and DRZ. Love 'em. They have held up well to travel in Mexico and many drops.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I may still get one because there are no other options for the KLX250S that I have found so far.
Somewhat off topic but I've found my Versys tank bag (the Rapid Transit Recon) makes a great tail bag on the KLX250S (I'm cheap that way!). Couple of Rok-Straps under the tail rack and onto the clips for the shoulder straps and it's not coming off.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/rapi...netic-tank-bag
Old 03-20-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alba View Post
Somewhat off topic but I've found my Versys tank bag (the Rapid Transit Recon) makes a great tail bag on the KLX250S (I'm cheap that way!). Couple of Rok-Straps under the tail rack and onto the clips for the shoulder straps and it's not coming off.

http://www.revzilla.com/product/rapi...netic-tank-bag
No tail rack on the '12 KLX. I do have some ATV tank panniers I picked up cheap at Walmart. I like that they don't interfere with putting fuel in the bike. Nothing solid to strap the bottoms to though. Need some crash bars.
Advertisement