You're welcome guys. BaileyMan, I knew it was Point Reyes... must have had a brain fart at the end of a long day!
As I mentioned, this stock V also affirmed my farkles. Here are some notes.
- Speedy lowering kit - Stock ride height is actually fine for me, but the additional 1.5" on my lowered V make it easier to get my leg over the panniers when (dis)mounting the bike.
- Speedy flat foot - the reason the rental is parked somewhat precariously in the first picture is b/c i was looking for firm ground for the kickstand, but traffic was very light so no issue. I also felt that the stock V leans over a bit too much requiring a lot more effort to pull up straight.
- Speedy lowered foot pegs & high way peg mounts - after 3 hours of riding, my left knee started complaining about the stock location.
- Givi windshield - very useful. Stock is pretty much useless
- Hand guards - my hands were freezing at night b/c I brought my summer gloves and had no guards
- Grip puppies - provide a little more cushioning
- GPS mount & Power Port - both quite convenient as my old GPS started losing juice and I had to use my phone (in tank bag with clear top). The rental had a RAM mount and BatteryTender hookup, but I did not have the accessories to use them.
Bikes: 2008 Kawasaki Versys, 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - RIP 1999 Suzuki Katana
Cars: 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi, 2007 Subaru Forester XTs
Last edited by filbert; 11-13-2012 at 05:48 PM.