Par for the course. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance
Go Back   Kawasaki Versys Forum > Kawasaki Versys Member's Lounge > Off Topic Discussions

Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

Old 11-11-2012, 11:19 AM

Default Par for the course.

The last few weekends have been cold and rainy so no riding. Now it's in the 70s sunny and I'd love to go riding BUT I have a To-Do list a mile long. All I can do is ride to the stores and back as needed to get stuff to make MORE work for me.

And the last thing on the list? Winterize to bikes as bad weather IS on the way.
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 11:48 AM

We got hit hard! Snow! Hopefully will ride in a week or so? Maybe not! Winter starts 12-21-12. Sound familiar?

Thanks for posting your general location. Alot of fellow riders post weather stuff and you have no idea were they are from. The trend is to put no location on the profile.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:28 PM

2008 Kawasaki Versys

Temps in the 60's and sunny. I should have raked leaves and mowed the lawn for the last time this season but instead went riding. Did 200 miles of back roads and savored every minute of saddle time.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:59 AM

2009 Kawasaki Versys

I went riding for 2 hours Saturday (my Birthday ride), 2 hours yesterday, and will get out for a couple today as well. It was a record 73 here yesterday, and is supposed to get up to 72 today. Gotta fit 'em in while you can. The other stuff will still be there when the snow flies.... :P
Old 11-12-2012, 09:56 AM

2009 Kawasaki Versys

I went for a ride Saturday morning. Luckily on my dualsport. Warmed up the bike then hopped on. As I'm doing a 180 up by my shop to head down the driveway the clutch cable snaps and the 650cc thumper shoots me straight into my mostly full burn barrel. Luckily I didn't pick up too much speed before plowing into it. Spent the weekend on the couch with an icepack on my knee.

Last edited by kenr74; 11-12-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA6TubThumper View Post
I went riding for 2 hours Saturday (my Birthday ride), 2 hours yesterday, and will get out for a couple today as well. It was a record 73 here yesterday, and is supposed to get up to 72 today. Gotta fit 'em in while you can. The other stuff will still be there when the snow flies.... :P
Thought about riding my bday (sunday) but mid 60s came with 30 mph sustained winds + gusts to 45-50. Did next best silly thing spent the noon time w/ my springfield m1a
Old 11-12-2012, 12:03 PM

2009 Kawasaki Versys

I hear 'ya. I just got back from my ride today, and we got those nice winds that you mentioned today. Very unnerving on the bike, but still nice to be able to get out.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:04 PM

I broke down and took a little long way home from the store yesterday, about 50 longer! It was windy but sunny and warm and I was glad I did the trip as it's rainy windy and cold today. I can winterize the bikes this coming weekend.

After all we all gotta play hooky once in a while, right?
Old 11-12-2012, 04:04 PM

2009 Kawasaki Versys

Grading papers most of the day; report cards are due this week, so I couldn't put them off for a nice riding day. It was gorgeous until the wind hit a little while ago. The worst thing is my neighbor fired up his Electraglide and went for a nice long ride.

Enjoy the late riding.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement