What I like and don't like about my V - Page 4 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance
Go Back   Kawasaki Versys Forum > Kawasaki Versys Motorcycle Talk > General Kawasaki Versys Discussions

General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:22 PM

2010 Kawasaki Versys 650 + KX 450F

Hi Blahwas,
I have the O2 sensor already fitted. Closed-loop control with O2 sensor only kicks-in only under certain conditions (cruising/decelerating with steady throttle between 4000 - 7000 rpm) so has no bearing on the 'lean stumble' at low revs which has been cured with Invader's advice. I'll keep an eye out for problems with the O2 sensor though - thanks for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyMan View Post
Recently I have not liked the high center of gravity when the tank is full of fuel. I dropped the bike once when I got a little off balance and the weight of the freshly filled tank didn't make it easy to keep the bike up, had to let her down... :-( The tank gets pretty sloshy when full and I definitely feel it.
I really noticed this yesterday as I was maneuvering the bike very well in the corners, and at very low speeds at the park. Then I realized that I was on my last fuel gauge "square". Seems like the handling is so much better without a full tank of gas. Less top heavy I suppose, cause 5 gallons of gas certainly weighs more than 5 lbs.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:31 AM

Yesterday for the first time of my life I dropped a motorcycle hehe Had just fuelled the bike then noticed I forgot to zip my jacket to my pants. So I stop in a slight slop in neutral, apply the rear brake and start zipping around the jacket...wasnt a good idea, just lost balance and the bike went down. The good news is, the only mark on the bike is on the handleguard plastic, absolutely nothing else (and I dont have crash guards or anything. I had just removed my brand new TRAX luggage before the drop...thank god.
The wind blew my MT-01 of the stand and it fell on it's side. Total= 1100$ in damage. So was quite happy when I noticed barely any damage on the Versys. I never really noticed a big difference in handling with full tank, but certainly felt it was top heavy when it started to lean that time lol!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement