Another Seat Concepts Review ;( - Page 3 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance
Go Back   Kawasaki Versys Forum > Kawasaki Versys Motorcycle Talk > Modifications - Cosmetic

Modifications - Cosmetic Discuss aftermarket and Do-It-Yourself cosmetic modifications

Old 10-19-2012, 07:21 AM

Was looking at these:
http://www.shop.motowerk.com/Anti-vi...ANVB-HB-RS.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2012, 08:23 AM

I had to sell my SC seat. I lowered the bike with Speedy's links, and the bike was perfect for me. The SC seat raised me back up to stock height and moved my back farther. I'm living with the stock seat for in town riding. If I go for a longer ride, I put the Airhawk on.

The quality of the SC seat is not in doubt. So much so, that I'm going to give it another try with an SC seat for my CRF250L. I'll take the whole bike to my seat guy, and we can mod it as needed.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:06 PM

I think the shoulder issue had more to do with riding with a backpack all day...so I'll hold on that risers thought for a while, I think I'll keep it just as it is. No seat will be perfect for everyone, but it's perfect for me and for the price the quality is impeccable. If you're tired of the slop on the stock seat and are 5'10" or taller, give it a try. Worse case scenario, you put it back for sale on this forum and it's gone in 24h, at 150$ you can't lose much. Not the case if you bought the seat 4-600$ and it doesnt fit you well...I highly recommend it. If you live near Montreal and want to check it out in person, give me a shout!

Last edited by Kawa007; 10-23-2012 at 09:11 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:10 PM

Send a message via ICQ to rlj

I'll throw my .02 on the SC seat. A lot has already been noted by others and I agree with most of what has already been said......

My bike is lowered, not with Speedy's lowering kit but with a Ninja shock, I think it's about the same height however.

At first I didn't care for it much. Totally different feel (riding position) with the SC seat. Then I pulled the bars back towards me a tad until it felt comfortable, made a huge difference. At first, the SC seat had me to far back, now I've learned to just scoot up a bit, another huge difference. The more I ride on the seat the more I like it. Now that I've forgotten how the old seat felt, the SC is a keeper. It took some time to adjust however like anything else the more you do something the comfortable it becomes. On a scale of 1-10, I give it a 7.5 and yes I'd recommend trying it. By the way, I'm around 5'9.

PS, same as above, if anyone wants to try it out who lives around Atlanta just let me know.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:07 AM

Unless it is the same height as stock it's no good to me, I already lowered my bike and going higher would not help. I do need to rotate my bars back an inch or so they are just a touch forward for me. Yes my arse is too close to the ground.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
Unless it is the same height as stock it's no good to me, I already lowered my bike and going higher would not help. I do need to rotate my bars back an inch or so they are just a touch forward for me. Yes my arse is too close to the ground.
You can contact them, I think they were working on a low version...
Old 10-27-2012, 06:18 AM

Too many people are over thinking the whole seat issue!!! 5000 km and nothing but a big smile on my face!
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=19643
Old 10-27-2012, 08:01 AM

Thats a cheap solution for sure...but when looks are also important I think the Concept Seat is a nice upgrade
Old 10-27-2012, 09:12 AM

A tip for folks looking at Seat Concepts: Google "Seat Concepts Coupons" and you'll find at least one or two, usually giving you somewhere around $15 off. Some are associated with forums for other bikes, but the coupon is still honored by the website at checkout.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:16 PM

Default SC compare

How does the passenger portion of the SC compare to the stock, I really would like to eliminate it in the stock. I feel like scooting back a bit but I cant because of the hump. Maybe the higher rise in the groin area of the SC helps compensate this by keeping you from sliding forward?
Old 11-08-2012, 12:24 PM

The passenger seat on the SC is slightly higher (my friend felt like it was just higher enough to make it less comfortable to grab the handles on the sides), and having the front seat go further back it makes the passenger a bit closer to you. But she does not slide towards you, even if visually the stock one as a hump that seems like it helps keep the passenger on the back, in reality there isnt a great difference in how the passenger seat keeps the passenger in place.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:24 AM

I just had one made for me and find it to be excellent. Not sliding forward makes riding better. Nice company. Recommended.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement