Grip Puppies question. - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance
Go Back   Kawasaki Versys Forum > Kawasaki Versys Motorcycle Talk > General Kawasaki Versys Discussions

General Kawasaki Versys Discussions For discussions on anything and everything related to the Kawasaki Versys.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMoto View Post
Unless they wear out from the elements (sun, water, etc.) in the coming years, I can see them lasting practically forever.[/LIST]
Best 10 bucks I ever spent!
Mine were starting to split when I finally removed them. I loved the feel and the size. I liked the vibration damping. Because I had installed them over an existing heated grip installation they insulated my hands from the heated grips too much--it took too long to feel the heat and not enough heat got through. Eventually I removed them to have warmer hands.

Since then I've gone to heated gloves also, so that would be less of an issue. But as someone pointed out doing heated grip wraps over the stock grips and under the grip puppies would take care of it.

On the bike I had them on, I replaced them with tennis racquet wrap. Less of everything that the Grip Puppies: less added thickness to the grips, less vibration damping, and less insulation from the grip warmers. The Grip Puppies are nicer if you don't need the heat. But there are decent alternatives.

Been thinking about doing a tennis racquet grip wrap over the Oxford heated grips on my Versys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2013, 02:08 PM

Default Original Grip Buddies

Just thought I'd chime in to let you guys know that there is a great alternative to the GP's.

The neoprene grips wraps we make accomplish the following:

* Easy 5 min install by virtually anyone, with no tools
* Won't soak up water (unlike the GP's), and even get "grippier" when they get wet
* Allow the heat from heated grips to come through to your hands (more effectively than the GP's, which have the smooth rubber skin on the inside, as a barrier between you and the heaters)
* Won't migrate due to our patent pending attachment system (more effective than the GP's)
* Provides a much more finished and professional look than any other aftermarket comfort grip solution.
* Reports from our customers who have used both the GP's and our OGB's, indicates that while both increase grip size and vibration damping, that our OGB's seem to be more effective at accomplishing this.
* Many feel that our OGB's are more "grippy" and outlast the GP's

My post is not designed to ignite a firestorm of controversy between users of both products, but is simply my effort to make folks aware that there are other effective alternatives to the GP's.

Best,

Dave R.
Company Founder
Original Grip Buddies
Old 07-28-2013, 02:38 PM

2010 Kawasaki Versys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adirondackjack View Post
Just thought I'd chime in to let you guys know that there is a great alternative to the GP's.

The neoprene grips wraps we make accomplish the following:

* Easy 5 min install by virtually anyone, with no tools
* Won't soak up water (unlike the GP's), and even get "grippier" when they get wet
* Allow the heat from heated grips to come through to your hands (more effectively than the GP's, which have the smooth rubber skin on the inside, as a barrier between you and the heaters)
* Won't migrate due to our patent pending attachment system (more effective than the GP's)
* Provides a much more finished and professional look than any other aftermarket comfort grip solution.
* Reports from our customers who have used both the GP's and our OGB's, indicates that while both increase grip size and vibration damping, that our OGB's seem to be more effective at accomplishing this.
* Many feel that our OGB's are more "grippy" and outlast the GP's

My post is not designed to ignite a firestorm of controversy between users of both products, but is simply my effort to make folks aware that there are other effective alternatives to the GP's.

Best,

Dave R.
Company Founder
Original Grip Buddies

Edit: If this is your product (below) there is no way I could live with the seam.

Last edited by Capn Kirk; 07-28-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:18 PM

At least mention which size works with the Versys. I need to replace my Grip Puppies as they are splitting. Although at twice the price I'm a bit hesitant to try these.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascender View Post
Here: http://www.casporttouring.com/cst/motorcycle/hand_cont_$50/GPSMALL.html
Got mine there too.

I loved them on my Ninja 650R. Mostly because they were bigger than stock, but they helped with the buzz a little (heavier bar weights were more helpful for that). I eventually removed them when I was commuting by bike as they insulated me from my heated grips too much. I replaced them with tennis racket wrap.

Just this weekend I wrapped my Versys grips as well. Buzz isn't a problem on the Versys, but the small size increase will be welcome. And it should keep my heated grips from wearing though.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adirondackjack View Post
That got my interest!
Old 07-28-2013, 11:57 PM

2007 Kawasaki Versys 650 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1313 View Post
I have used them for about 10 years on 4 different bike and 2 wave runners. I soap the puppy and grip with Simple green and slid them on. I make sure the whole puppy is on so I have never had to cut one. I also always wear a padded glove.... work glove or mountain bike glove.
Note... if you use soap to install take a garden hose and soke the puppy to remove any extra soap.

Cb
Dito. Never trimmed mine, installed as above. Very quick install, minutes.
I found the larger diameter gave me better throttle control. Excellent cheap farkle. Highly recommend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement