Greetings from Vancouver BC! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance
Go Back   Kawasaki Versys Forum > Kawasaki Versys Member's Lounge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Just joined? Tell us about yourself and your ride.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:59 AM

Default Greetings from Vancouver BC!

Just picked up my 2012 650 Versys on Friday. Trying to get in some rides before the really bad weather hits us.

Lovin' the bike!

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 07:14 AM

Old 10-30-2012, 07:42 AM

Hi North49... I'm at 49.4167 N, and it's starting to snow here, far away from the warm west coast.

Did you feel the earthquake? They say the big one is certainly coming, as it hits at about every 300 years, and it's been 312 years now.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:10 AM

Welcome, you probably got a decent deal on the 2012.
Old 10-30-2012, 10:25 AM

Thanks for the Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Hi North49... I'm at 49.4167 N, and it's starting to snow here, far away from the warm west coast.

Did you feel the earthquake? They say the big one is certainly coming, as it hits at about every 300 years, and it's been 312 years now.
The snow just hit the local mountains .....where it belongs. Now we are dealing with lots of the liquid form and I am really anxious to get on some dry pavement!

The earthquake must have happened when I was doing something else to distract me. I'll ask the wife if she felt anything .... no wait, not good

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-COASTER View Post
Welcome, you probably got a decent deal on the 2012.
I am happy with the deal. Picked it up in Langley at a dealership off of 200th.

Coming from a collector 1983 Yamaha XS400 Maxim ...... this bike is really fun. Something that I can push a little and take some longer trips with confidence.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:52 PM

2009 Kawasaki Versys, green

from Seattle. Enjoy your Versys in and around your area. Went on a ride up there this summer and you definitely have some roads to ride and places to see.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:49 PM

Hey 49,

Can you tell me if Kelowna gets a lot of snow? I'm talking with a company about a job and might be moving if the offer is decent. I was wonder if I could ride year round. I'm cool with rain.

Thanks & Welcome
Kawasaki Ninja250R Sold
Kawasaki Versys Current Bike
Old 10-30-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkeith View Post
Hey 49,

Can you tell me if Kelowna gets a lot of snow? I'm talking with a company about a job and might be moving if the offer is decent. I was wonder if I could ride year round. I'm cool with rain.

Thanks & Welcome
Hi Killerkeith, I'm from White Rock, BC. Kelowna gets more snow than the lower mainland, however if the job is equal or better to what you are doing now I would jump at the chance to get out there if it is cool with your family. Fantastic skiing, best wine country and fruit orchards in the country, and lots of nice roads close by. The only negative compared to Cambridge is flying out to places like Hawaii, Mexico, etc is more limited compared to your short drive to Toronto. The summertime in the Okanagan is among the nicest weather in the country. Hot and dry. Good luck!
Old 10-30-2012, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitmind View Post
Hi Killerkeith, I'm from White Rock, BC. Kelowna gets more snow than the lower mainland, however if the job is equal or better to what you are doing now I would jump at the chance to get out there if it is cool with your family. Fantastic skiing, best wine country and fruit orchards in the country, and lots of nice roads close by. The only negative compared to Cambridge is flying out to places like Hawaii, Mexico, etc is more limited compared to your short drive to Toronto. The summertime in the Okanagan is among the nicest weather in the country. Hot and dry. Good luck!
Sounds like my kinda town.
Kawasaki Ninja250R Sold
Old 10-30-2012, 10:27 PM

2008 Kawasaki Versys 650

Welcome to the forums from a fellow Van guy. I've found this forum very useful and friendly. Had a good ride last weekend, but I think the weather has turned to Winter (rain). You know... the Vancouver winter. Handguards, heated hand grips and good rain gear and you can keep going. Oh yeah, good tires! I'll do a review of my new Heidenau K73 Supermoto tires soon. Getting to really like them.
Dave
Old 10-31-2012, 11:09 AM

2007 Kawasaki

Welcome from the Valley. You're going to love the ride for sure. I still don't know what this "riding season" people around here keep talking about though? ;-)

IBA# 38547

Last edited by cuff; 11-03-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerkeith View Post
Hey 49,

Thanks & Welcome
Hey Keith,
Answer is NO (unless you're a skier, "Big White" is maybe 40 kms, and Vernon's maybe 50 - DEEP powder...!). Some, but it'll usually melt away by itself (UNLESS your place has a north facing driveway), and the spring and summer riding is "FRIGGIN FANTASTIC"! If you do come out, give me a call (come spring...).

My KLR trip to Alaska, YT, NWT and BC in summer 2009
http://www.klr650.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69383

My Versys trip to D2D 2013, and Alaska, June '13
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=33153
Old 10-31-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Hey Keith,
Answer is NO (unless you're a skier, "Big White" is maybe 40 kms, and Vernon's maybe 50 - DEEP powder...!). Some, but it'll usually melt away by itself (UNLESS your place has a north facing driveway), and the spring and summer riding is "FRIGGIN FANTASTIC"! If you do come out, give me a call (come spring...).
I will. We are on to the 2nd interview stage so I'm still in the running.
Kawasaki Ninja250R Sold
Old 11-01-2012, 11:30 PM

Kawasaki 2012 650 Versys

Welcome. I am fairly new too. The site is great, you will enjoy the bike. I got my 2012 early this summer and I am having a blast with it. I got the Black and Yellow. I am also a British Columbian living across the water in the Cowichan Valley on Van Isle. Enjoy!.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:10 AM

2009 Kawasaki Versysy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement