Arrow Exhaust Question - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Motorcycle EscrowInsurance
Go Back   Kawasaki Versys Forum > Kawasaki Versys Motorcycle Talk > Modifications - Performance

Modifications - Performance Discuss aftermarket and DIY performance modifications
Sponsored by: LeoVince USA

Old 04-23-2012, 05:37 PM

Default Arrow Exhaust Question

To the folks out there that have an Arrow exhaust:

Do you run it with or without the silencer and how does the sound quality compare? On Youtube the sound sounds much deeper (and better) without the silencer, but I'm wondering if it's going to be too loud for me. I do long rides and I often go 9K rpm+. I want a good sounding pipe but don't want to be a Hooligan!

Thanks for the feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012, 07:05 PM

2009 Kawasaki versys

I have the arrow slip on and run it with the silencer most of the time, with out the silencer it is a deeper tone and a bit louder. With the silencer in at idle it is about as quite as the stock can. It has a nice sound though as your rolling along and getting on the throttle. My opinion.

Those who say money can't buy happines haven't bought A VERSYS.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:58 PM

I run my Arrow with the silencer in and when I get on the gas it sounds pretty good. I tried running with the silencer out and it was just too loud for me.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:48 PM

2009 Kawasaki Versys

Yeah, without the silencer it's pretty loud and deep sounding. Kind of like a Harley. It's not *completely* obnoxious, but I could see it annoying the neighbors.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:28 PM

would any owners of this exhaust be SO* kind as to video a few passes? everybody stands there and revs it up with the camera 2 feet away. I want to get either arrow/yoshi/leovince underbody.. but would really like to hear them better
Old 05-02-2012, 04:39 PM

Here is a pretty good Arrow clip. If you can listen through a set of earphones
you will get much better sound quality.

Last edited by MarkPMB; 05-02-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:55 PM

I just put the silencer back in my Arrow. It is definitely quieter, but I dont like the sound of it. Im going to pull it back out. I love the throaty roar of the Arrow.
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
Old 05-03-2012, 11:50 PM

sounds pretty nice...
Old 05-04-2012, 09:58 AM

Sounds nice, can't really tell the difference between this one and my Yoshi pipe. Certainly sounds better than stock!
Now for the squid in the video. We need to find out who this is and insist he at least wear a helmet or return the Versys to the dealer..
Old 05-04-2012, 11:46 AM

2010 Kawasaki Versys

I run it with silencer out. I love the sound. I travel some distance on the bike, and it does not bother me. Then again I am an old guy so maybe I'm more deaf than most.
IBA #23562
http://www.youtube.com/user/Thump52
Old 05-04-2012, 02:53 PM

I'll add my name to the list of those who run it with the silencer in. I tried riding without the silencer, but even with ear plugs it was too loud (for my taste at least.....and most certainly for my neighbors and others around me.) Without, I thought it sounded too "hey look at me, I'm so cool and I have a motorcycle" but with it has a sweet, pleasant growl at higher rpms and is just perfect.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:00 PM

I am on the arrow site
http://www.arrow.it/eng/prodotti/mot...DM=9&IDTab=843

It only lists 2007. These are the correct part numbers for my 2011? I would like the aluminum dark can. Maybe somebody link me to a supplier that carries the right one?
Old 05-06-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofnothing View Post
I am on the arrow site
http://www.arrow.it/eng/prodotti/mot...DM=9&IDTab=843

It only lists 2007. These are the correct part numbers for my 2011? I would like the aluminum dark can. Maybe somebody link me to a supplier that carries the right one?
I dont know this for certain....

I did not buy my Arrow for a Verseys. I bought it for a Ninja 650r a few years ago.

This is the company I got it from.
http://www.indysuperbike.com/Arrow_S...-91201645.html

When I got mine there was only 1 generation of the V and 1 of the Ninja. I do not know if you would now use the newer Ninja pipe or what though.
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
Old 05-07-2012, 10:13 AM

The full arrow exhausts are identical between Ninja and Versys for all years. I have an arrow, but didn't like the sound as much as my Jardine. However, the Jardine is too loud for civilized middle aged people who commute and can't piss off every person within 5 miles. My arrow doesn't have a silencer, so I'm just gonna get a new black one and keep the silencer in. Tests show the arrow is actually quieter than stock can with silencer in. Plus, I need the sensor location for my autotune.

Id rather be quiet all the time and lean on the upgraded horn when safety requires noise.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:34 AM

Pulled the trigger with a stainless can.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostholycerebus View Post
Tests show the arrow is actually quieter than stock can with silencer in.
And what tests are these? There is no way the silenced Arrow is even close to a stock can. The only time that is even remotely possible is at idle, or when the bike is turned off.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:14 PM

Default Arrow exhaust

I have an Arrow slip-on on my '08 V and have tried it w/ and w/o the db-killer. Got it from Pipecity.com, the best prices I found at the time. IMHO the sound quality is very close either way, just louder & more Harley-like w/o it installed-that's not a compliment...

Old 05-07-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
And what tests are these?
Well I could spend a half hour chasing down links, but since Swedish meatballs just hit the table, instead ill say USE SEARCH N00B!!!!!1!!!!one!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement