Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Yellow Beam of Light

312K views 1K replies 64 participants last post by  stlee29 
#1 ·
Hi V Bikers,

DIY a yellow spot light below the headlights.
Cost US$ 5 for the spot light (55W).
Got my wireman to do the wiring. Fixed a relay to avoid frying anything. Cost US$ 10. (I suck with electric wiring).
Fixed it with the low beam light. Work well at night giving more light and a distinct white over yellow beam. Works well in the rain, too.
Working on a case for the spot light.

Best Regards.

See less See more
#1,027 ·
Put some carbon tape at the front indicators as to much orange glare at night

Riderscan came over from UK. Tested it this morning. I like it.

Went to BMW to have an up close the 2012 R1200 gs and rt. :interesting:

Was riding close to a Versys 1000 on the highway. That Z1000 engine is amazing. :)

#1,028 ·
Riderscan is sweet! I cant use it otherwise i'd be busy checking out myself rather than the road ahead!

#1,032 ·
That pork knuckle....

#1,042 ·
:sorry: Aimanb. Playing with my car blisten shocks. :D

With total 65K km on 2 V with Scottoiler, no problem. Cheap and easy with sae 90 gear oil.

Brother WCF1250 got me a good cheap USD $3 nokia E72/E71 holder he been using. :D Loctite it so should be good.

Also using the rubber pipe used for the Throttle bodies synch as dashboard vibration damper. Gap at the base for rain water drainage.

from black to Hi Ho silver away for the cheap plastic radguard.

:cheers:

#1,043 ·
the phone holder looks good.
did a short ride during the weekend to Melaka.
the BT 023 bridgestones work really well on both the wet and dry.

someone asked about the chain oiler.....it works really well especially during weather like we're having now. imagine the number of chain lube cans you would have to buy.

one last note, if you dont have a rain coat, its a great time to buy one and carry it all over the place.
just to share, i have a cheap givi rain coat ( not the cheapest one but just the cheaper one ) and the versys left fairing is a great place to fold the pants and hide it in till you need it. i'm trying to find somewhere to shove the jacket,any ideas?

#1,045 ·
Update, rode from Penang to KL yesterday.

Nokia E72 works well. Can't be used all the way during the ride as the headphones wire was dancing in the wind. keep the phone back in my aerostich pocket.

Intend to use this holder in KL for unknown places to visit. Tested that yesterday and it was good. Can't go speedy in KL. Too many speed cameras.

Clint, Good place for the pants. Not so good for the jacket for the right side cowling as the hot radiator cover is there. Under the seat, Brother? maybe a folded pouch bag behind the windsheild, will check and revert...

#1,048 ·
Update, rode from Penang to KL yesterday.

Nokia E72 works well. Can't be used all the way during the ride as the headphones wire was dancing in the wind. keep the phone back in my aerostich pocket.

Intend to use this holder in KL for unknown places to visit. Tested that yesterday and it was good. Can't go speedy in KL. Too many speed cameras.

Clint, Good place for the pants. Not so good for the jacket for the right side cowling as the hot radiator cover is there. Under the seat, Brother? maybe a folded pouch bag behind the windsheild, will check and revert...
Great idea. Will also block some wind there.

#1,056 ·
My brother's 6 foot 4. That's his swing around the horse style. :D

Rode down to Port Dickson. Still the sleepy nice town she is.

Friends BMW K1200

Used to come to the Shell and Exxon oil terminal here twice a week 10 years ago. Was Captain of a product tanker that carried mostly petrol, diesel or jet fuel.

Chinese New Year is less than a month away...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.