Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Heading South Until The Road Ends

150K views 601 replies 92 participants last post by  Dogboxelectric 
#1 · (Edited)
I thought I'd let you know, I'm on my Versys and headed to Ushuala. I'm in San Pedro Pochutla, going to wait until Monday to cross into Guatemala. I'll post a lot of photos and my location along the way, more importantly, I'll update you guys on how my Versys handles the ride. As of today, my Versys has 24,454 miles, this ride 4003 miles, the Tourances have 7873 miles on them.

Today is 9/11, never forget

Gary

#583 ·
Was just wondering about you and this thread the other day. Glad to see you are still living the dream.

#585 ·
Gary....Thanks for bringing us up to date. Glad you are getting along on your KLR and Kurt on his Tri 800XC. Both should do well there. Looking forward to your pix of the Dakar. .........Frog

#587 ·
Gary, it's great to hear from you. KLR seems like a great choice for the riding you've been doing. Always enjoy reading about your exploits. As the snow falls in New England it's nice to ride vicariously through you. Prospero Año Nuevo, amigo.

#588 ·
Gustavo, Eddie, kimel, Zatx, Frog, jcctx & Bones, it is great to hear from you guys and it is impressive that your all riding your Versi. I've been hesitant to post because I'm no longer on a Versys, that said, I have amigos here so guess it is OK. Bones, yes, it is hard to beat the weather, summer's here, it's very warm and sunny, it will be hot in the southern deserts as we chase the Dakar next week. All is well.

#590 ·
Keith
I was in Quito earlier this month and have to be back there next month, we could try and meet on the road (if you want) in Ecuador or Northern Peru. Cuenca, Ecuador would be a great place if our schedules workout. As an alternative, Cajamarca, Peru, or if your more adventuress Chachapoyas which is near the Kuelap ruins http://www.inkanatura.com/kuelap_chachapoyas.asp We are planning on visiting Kuelap in January.
I always cross the Ecuador/Peru frontier at Macara, it's an easy and friendly crossing, additionally, I stay of clear of Guayaquil. I love Ecuador!

Gary

#594 ·
Keith,
You flew your Versys down and it's 10 days late? It can be frustrating, years ago I shipped a moto to Australia, it showed up six weeks late. Touch base when you are on the road, I'm sure we will meet somewhere, I'm heading your direction but am running a few days late also.

Gary

#600 ·
Gary, Good to get the updates on your riding. I too traded out of my Versys last June, and don't post here often, although as you said, we have enough friends here, and miles on a Versys, (mine also had 60k on it when it moved out), to justify the occasional comment. I just sent you an Email about a friend coming your way. He's a great guy, and I hope you two can hook up. Cheers! - Miguel

#601 ·
I have to laugh at folks from the US who whine about high gas prices> outside of the mid-east oil producing nations, you must have the cheapest gas of any developed country.

Our prices here converted to a US gallon range from a current low of $4.30 to last summer's high of $4.90. And we are an exporter of oil!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.