Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

What the heck is this???

4K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  David RSparky3 
#1 ·
Mmmmmkay. What is this in my sight glass (2011 w/3000 miles)?

And how do I make it go away?

See less See more
#5 ·
I know that a lot of people think that you just have to ride more to get rid of the moisture in the crankcase, but I just don't think that it gets hot enough in cold weather. I ride regularly in the 20's and lower....so this year I installed a Thermo-Bob and I'm glad I did. No more condensation on the sight glass when I get to work.

#9 ·
I now have a pathetically short commute and even a Thermo-Bob does not remove the condensation in the sight glass. I agree that the Thermo-Bob is the best way to get your bike to warm up when riding in cool/cold temperatures, but you do need to ride far enough to get things warm.

#13 ·
I have a pathetically short commute as well. Two miles at the most. Not worth starting up the jeep to make the trip.
I will look into to getting a therm-o-bob, but not sure it would still get me up to temp in that short of a ride, even with a warm up time.
I really appreciate my Thermo-Bob. Even though my commute is short, I realize that my bike is trying to warm up every bit as fast as the cars around it. If you look at watt-man's data at the Thermo-Bob site, you will realize that your Versys will never really warm up when riding in cold conditions without a Thermo-Bob or invader's alternate thermostat.

I have not heard much about invader's solution lately. I hope that it is "doing the job" as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.