Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

New addition to the stable "Team Green"!

4K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Thumper 
#1 ·
This addition comes on the heels of some sad news for the local Kawasaki dealership. They are closing their doors forever. I stopped in and was told the news. The owner told me that they were selling everything in the business at cost so they wouldn't have to deal with sending everything back to wherever. I picked up some maintenance supplies, some causual wear, etc. Then I was looking around and said "does that deal go for the bikes as well?". He said "Yes, and no fees. Just Tax, Tag and Title" I was intrigued and starting looking at the different bikes that were on the showroom floor.

Ninja 1400? If it had been green, maybe. But then I thought about insurance cost on that monster and knew it wasn't for me.

Got thinking about Green. So far a Kawasaki green bike has eluded me and I really like that color. Sure my '08 KLR had a touch of candy lime green, but not "team green". The year after I bought my '07 Ninja 650 Kawasaki came out with a lime green 650R. Just didn't seem to be in the stars.

I turned the corner and there it was. A 2012 Lime Green KLX250S. I thought about having to kick start the old Honda dual sport and that I really needed to do a frame up restoration on it. This bike would be a perfect addition to my garage. I asked how much? He told me and I said, "Can I pick out any posters that you have on the walls, get the service manual and oil filters if I buy this bike? He said sure. The deal was done.

Awesome little dual sport! Much better suspension than the KLR650 and because it is so light it is a breeze to ride. I did find out that there are guys to actually Dual Sport tour on these little bikes and there is a lot of aftermarket support for them.

So, without further ado, here it is.

Where I live there are many roads with the "hollow" and "ridge" in the name. We even have roads that have water crossings instead of bridges.

See less See more
#5 ·
You're gonna love it!! They are neat bikes for sure.

I like good deals too......Can you tell me the name and location of the dealership?
Best I remember from meeting you in Nashville last years at the Kawasaki demo rides you were from somewhere in middle Tennessee.

Thanks,
Dan

#15 ·
Did a little Dual Sport Poker Run this weekend. 181 miles to get there and home. 120 miles of dual sport riding. One very sore behind.

The area we rode in is called the Dirt Devil and is around the Natchez Trace between Centerville and Leipers Fork, TN.

We started the ride at Leipers fork at a motorcycle hangout. The young lady in the foreground is the person who designed the ride and set up all the markers to help us from getting lost.

Some pics pulled from my GoPro Camera.

The bike kicking up some water so you can get a feel for the depth of the crossing. Would have been nice had I been following other riders for the video, but I didn't catch up to anyone until about the 1/2 way mark.

When we got back to the starting point, I was looking around at all the different bikes that had gathered. I heard a guy talking about his classic BMW and knew I heard that voice before. Mike now makes his home in the Nashville area. I would love to go see his collection of bikes.

#18 ·
Just caught this thread. Congrats on the bike. I picked one up myself a few weeks back and today my best friend is getting one. :yeahsmile:
This is my first time offroad and I feel like a newbie again but it sure is fun. Lots of dirty fun ahead of me :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.