Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

New Versys owner in Alberta, Canada

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  flyfishinwoman 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey all, my husband just bought a gently-used 2009 Versys, in sparkling green. First mod is a Jardine slip-on, which was just ordered.

We looked around for a adventure-type bike, with comfortable upright seating position and tractable power, and I'm sure Bert will be very happy with his new bike. Now it's gonna be a long wait 'til springtime, lol.

I'm hoping to get some good info on the bike and mods on this forum, I already see a familiar face from another site (hello to Cuff).

#4 ·
I hate being a passenger, and haven't been since I was a teen (many moons ago), lol. I have several bikes, but my street ones are a VFR800 and V-star 950. My husband is a newer rider though, and this is his first standard bike (he has a cruiser as well).

#12 ·
My husband bought this 2009 Versys last week, and we picked it up yesterday from the dealer in Edmonton. It was a cold day and the highway was snow packed in places, icy in sections and generally not great condition, but we made it there and back with the bike in one piece, albeit needing a sponge bath, lol.

He chose this bike because of the comfortable seating position, tractable power and all-rounder nature. The first mod is a Jardine slip-on exhaust. The bike already has heated grips, factory gel seat, hand wind deflectors and top case rack.

It's gonna be a long wait til the snow melts!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.