Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

New Rear Rack Option

130K views 302 replies 132 participants last post by  gustin18 
#1 ·
I wanted to get some honest feedback on this rear rack. I am an engineer and designed the rack. It is very heavy duty and strong and will support as much weight as the subframe can bear. Made from 3/16 and 1/4 steel. The rear plate is about 10 x 7 Inches. Powder coat finish. This will mount up in 10 minutes. Let me know your thoughts as far as looks and what you would pay for this. Any and all feedback is welcome. :)

See less See more
#191 ·
Never thought these words would come out of my mouth, but "NICE RACK!" is exactly what I said when I opened the box Ktmduals sent me. Black, steel and absolutely flawless...fit and finish are perfect. I am an extremely picky person and NEVER hire out any work...bike, house, car, truck...because you rarely find anyone that will do a job, any job, to the degree of detail I require when spending MY money. Definitely NOT the case here. This rack is a piece of art. Not a single flaw or blemish anywhere, and fits like or better than a factory part. I have never been this happy with an "aftermarket" part unless I made it myself. If you are on the fence of which rack to buy for your bike, put no more thought into it and place your order with Ktmduals. :thanx:

JW

#196 ·
Gerald,

The rack comes powder coated black and comes with the removal plastic handle covers.

06-09 Steel: 160 + Shipping
06-09 Aluminum: 190 + Shipping

10-12 Steel: 165 + Shipping
10-12 Aluminum: 195 + Shipping

Shipping to the lower 48 is 18 Dollars for FedEx Ground.

#201 ·
#200 ·
Anyone using the KTMDuals rear rack with a Givi monokey top case? If so, which rear rack (holes or no holes), which Givi base plate (SW Motech or?) and so on. I'm thinking E52 or E55.

I'd rather get this rack for my top case and support a forum member rather than buying SW Motech as long as it will work and not be a pain. Not interested in going Monolock or Pelican or whatever and mounting directly to the rack. The top case HAS to be easily removable.

Thanks!

#202 ·
Pelican Case Mount

I should also add.. I mount my Pelican iM2100 case to the rear rack for quick removal.. no holes drilled in the case so I don't have to worry about potential leaking.. As you can see I mount the same case on my WR250R and Versys.. works great!

Dismounting

My full post: http://www.basherdesigns.com/2011/03/06/pelican-case-mounting/

#214 ·
Should I be impressed after my design is ripped off?

:nono:So you post a picture of your rack after copying my design? Ok, your top plate is slightly different and you used lighter gauge steel and don't have plastic handle covers, but you're copying my design. Not cool!

#216 ·
:nono:So you post a picture of your rack after copying my design? Ok, your top plate is slightly different and you used lighter gauge steel and don't have plastic handle covers, but you're copying my design. Not cool!
It looks to me like the seller over seas is the weasel; not the forum member
Have to agree that the stuff they are selling looks a bit cheasy

just my opinion
steve

#217 ·
Palmer Products have nothing to do with me. I did not even by the rack off them, instead I got it second hand via the UK Versys forum.

As to rip off, the quality of the rack is fine and I don't know who came up with the design first, you or them. Yes they look similar, but there are only so many ways a rack can be fitted and looks.

#218 ·
Palmer Products have nothing to do with me. I did not even by the rack off them, instead I got it second hand via the UK Versys forum.

I don't know who came up with the design first, you or them. Yes they look similar, but there are only so many ways a rack can be fitted and looks.

I agree. If you have a patent then you have a right to be pissed if not oh well.