Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Post pics of your V with bags....

231K views 466 replies 254 participants last post by  wampuspacker 
#1 ·
Well lets see them. :D

See less See more
#345 ·
I just rode a bit under 1,000 miles in the last four days - Kelowna, BC to Calgary, AB and return. Started with some Fieldsheer soft bags that I've had "problems" with, then changed them out for a set of "Travel Bags" that have been to Alaska with me three times. Think I like THEM better...!

Attachments

#348 ·
Here's my moto-camping setup. Tools and extra riding gear (jacket liner, electric vest, gloves, etc) in the left-hand saddlebag. Clothes, netbook, electronics (chargers, etc) in the right-hand saddlebag. Camping gear and bike cover in the MotoPak GT-ROLL bag across the passenger seat. Sunglasses, visor cleaning kit, on-bike charging cables, etc in the Joe Rocket Manta XL tank bag (which I recently replaced with a Cortech Dryver tank bag).

And yes, Scout peed on my Forester's winter wheels.

Attachments

#352 ·
I put my Cortech sport bags on "backwards" because I like the way they look. They sag a little more when fully loaded but I haven't had an issue yet. Working on rigging up some supports for them. I also have a cheap Ogio duffel on top (I'm a light packer)

Here's some pics from August 2011 (Phoenix - Moab - Denver - Durango loop trip)

Attachments

#353 ·
Soft bags

Some guys will hang soft bags over racks so they don't sag. For offroad the soft bags are definitely better. I can't tell you how many times my bags have hit my leg on my dualsport. Or rather my leg hit the bags. For the DS the dirtbagz setup works well and is light. They use a stand-off bar to keep the bags out, and they attach to it and the bike with straps.

This is a lunch break in Utah, in the middle of 800 miles, about 80% dirt. We would run 75 on paved roads and 65 on dirt roads. Camped off the bikes for 4 days.

#356 · (Edited)
Givi E21's on Givi Rack...

Givi side racks were from some other bike...Craigslist special...got them with the E21's. Had to make new mount brackets, but they work, and I like the more forward location than the Givi racks designed for the Versys.

Seahorse SE520 Top Box on SW Motech Top Rack
Givi E21's on Givi Side racks...modified.
Left Bag - Cooking gear
Right Bag - Chair, Keens, Water bottle, Toiletries, Towel..etc
Sealine Dry Bags
Green One - Sleeping bag, pillow, clothes, air matress
White One - Tent, Tarp

This was from a 1500 mile trip I did to Michigan's UP last week. Camped out seven nights. So yeah..tent in one of the dry bags.

Attachments

#357 ·
Happy trails, with Famsa tankbag/panniers, Ortlieb duffle, Ortlieb T-pak;), Ortlieb tank bag strapped to the front of the right side bag and miscellaneous other crap thrown on for good measure.

Bridal Veil falls in Telluride

New Mexico

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.