Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

anyone know where to get this front wheel fender

6K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  jeff6218 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I just bought one of these Malaysian beaks and what a steaming, ill fitting, POS.
Note the big hasp clasps on the front beak bit!! The one I bought does not have the hasps, but it is easy to see why they are needed as the entire beak is cantilevered off the side pod and not the way I would do it

Nothing fits properly,especially the big uneven gaps where the new side pods blend into the stock anteater nose. Brackets are flimsy and IMHO just not up to long term use and vibration.

To my knowledge there are 3 Vendors and perhaps they are all not like the one I got, but that is it for me and ripped off once, twice shy

A total waste of money (200 USD landed at my door in Thailand) and the Vendor is taking the typical SE Asian attitude of 'very sorry but no returns". Sorry for what - knowingly selling something that is not proper?

It has pissed me off so much that I am now using this useless POS as a basis to do it right. It is now all cut up, and fibreglassed in place on my bike so that it fits, and the final body work is being done now, so that a proper mould can be made.

I hope to be able to offer the Versys community a proper product that I use on my own bike around Christmas time.

#6 ·
Waffak!? 200usd!? How much for shipping?

I was offered about 115usd (no shipping, self collect) but wasnt quite keen on it.

#13 ·
I'm hoping against hope that I will get the opportunity to ride up to CM between Christmas and New Year. Need to take my little sprog back to Yasothon together with the nanny and now deciding with my other half where to go riding during that period - whether to ride around Isaan (boriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing or go all the way up North). I had just returned from a 4 day three night trip to Petchabun, Uttaradit, Lampang, Kamphaeng Phet and just love the roads and twisties up there.

#15 ·
Jeff, i'm afraid you'd be in for some disappointment just like what hoghead went through.

Even i myself decided to pass after seeing it myself. It's a POS in stock form. Just too much work to make it look good on the bike, with refittings, sanding, painting and the likes.

#16 ·
Jeff - I am a Canadian living in Thailand and will have the mould finished after New Years should the hangover ever end. The test panels are on my bike now

It is a 3 piece affair with the 2 side filler panels and the beak so that you can buy just the bits you need. for example I prefer it without the beak bit, but others go for the full GS style look

I am only doing this because the Malaysian one I bought is a steaming POS and since I had to completely redo it for my own bike, I decided to do it right

See the thread on the beak

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.