Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Big Trip 2012 - How not to drink alone on a solo bike trip

11K views 57 replies 14 participants last post by  BMC55 
#1 ·
Hello all. It's that time of year again that the weather has forced me indoors and I seek the comfort of reliving the previous summer through bike videos. This year's Big Trip was a little different than year's past, but still just as much fun! This year I was joined by a few new faces including kawasakiversys.com's own fasteddiecopeman. Hope you like it.

No Video

--****** Jr

#5 ·
Will do. At this point we have no idea where/when it might be. We usually don't even start talking about it until the New Year. Right now I'm working on a tiny little seed of an idea that might see us make a run to either California or Colorado. I wouldn't bet any money on that though, as our plans tend to change 6-7 times between trips. The forecast for the week is all snow, so I'll likely start cracking on Day 2 this weekend. Thanks for watching!

****** Jr

#7 ·
Hello all....This year I was joined by a few new faces including kawasakiversys.com's own fasteddiecopeman....****** Jr
Who, ME...?

It was fun meeting and riding with ******, but this was just a week after I 'whacked' my head (scalping myself) during the LAST time I "spun" my GREEN HORNET, and I was still 'leaking' into my helmet.... :thumbdown:

BTW, tomorrow is EXACTLY 4 months since I did it, and I still have a small wound in the middle of my (now BIGGER) bald spot. Oh well....

Hey ****** - I think I'm riding to Dawson for D2D 2013..., and maybe - points North.
:goodidea:

#12 ·
:thumb::thumb:

#15 ·
Eddie, I won't say a thing. I'll let the fact that the camera lens keeps getting dustier, and dustier, and dustier as the day goes on speak for itself. Also the huge logging trucks that tried their best to run us off the road! Good times, good times :thumb:

#17 ·
:thumb::thumb:

#19 ·
Just gotta tell you guys - where ****** was "mentioning" his tires... :thumbdown:
...the Green Hornet was running on Continental ContiMotion STREET rubber!!!
:clap:
NOT Tourances like my AZ V... YET! A set'll be going on before I ride up to Dawson City for D2D in June!
:goodidea:

#20 ·
I saw a green speck every once and awhile...So that was you...:D

#24 ·
I'm getting quicker and quicker with the editing. If I have a weekend (or just a couple of days with no work), I can usually put together an episode in 2-3 days. If I'm just chipping away at it after work, then closer to 5-6 days. Thanks for watching and all the replies guys, I really apprecieate it!

****** Jr

#26 ·
Ya he was fast alright!!! And a heck of a tour guide too. Thanks for the responses guys! It's nice living vicariously thru video during these long cold months. Not long now though...the days are already getting noticeably longer everyday. Here's the next day...Return to Toad Rock!! A LOT of rum went into the making of this episode both during production and after. :cheers:

No Video

-****** Jr

#27 ·
Nice.....How was Panama ?

#31 ·
Thanks for the offer Eddie, but I don't think I can make this year. The miniscule amount of bike-trip time I get is already spoken for. Speaking of which....I spoke with Hammy yesterday and the preliminary drunken ramblings about the next Big Trip have begun!

-****** Jr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.