Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Handguards help!

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  MaverickAus 
#1 ·
Hi all, new member here - sorry to kick off with a question, will also be trawling through other boards to see if I can find an answer!

I'm looking some sturdy handguards that will keep the wind off my hands in the winter, and are sturdy enough to protect my hands and levers if I go down - but I have no idea what's compatible with the 650 Versys 2010. I bought some Barkbusters, they didn't fit. I bought some Acerbis, which my garage recommended, and they didn't fit.

Can anybody tell me what the Kawasaki guards are like - in terms of wind protection/sturdiness.
Are there any other brands people can recommend that are maybe better value for money than the Kawasaki own make?

Thanks for any help, every person/garage I ask gives me a different/wrong answer, and it's driving me mad!!! :confused:

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum.

Here is a thread discussing TrackSide handguards sold by cyclegear. I also have some pictures of it on my 2011. The mounting mechanism is highly adjustable, so you can tweak it to your liking.
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19599

The spacers i used is from a set of R&G sliders (i happened to have it sitting around). I used the aluminum spacer only, and tossed the delrin into my tool bin.
http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/Kawasaki/Versys_650/2011/BE0001BK.aspx

Peter

#4 ·
I put Cycra Probends on my '09 about a month ago. Install was pretty straightforward, but I did have to buy some additional hardware to make things fit (spacers and longer bolts).

Do a search for Cycra on here and I think you will find at least one install with some instructions.

I think they look good, and certainly seem sturdy.

Oh, and I added some basic heated handgrips at the same time. Between the two, my rides to work in high-20 degree temps is not so bad any more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.