Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

New (to me) Blue 2009

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  2than4 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone .. Just picked up my new (to me) Versys. Already getting ready for a 4200mi Ride in July to Rushmore and Yellowstone. I've been doing tons of reading on the forums for tips and info. Anyway I hope to provide my 2cents every now and again.

PS.. My user name can mean either I'd rather be on 2 wheels than 4 or 2 cylinders than 4... now that I have the Versys :p

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
:welcome: Great Color.:)

#10 ·
There are a few ladies on the forum..:welcome:

#14 · (Edited)
Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycling Mode of transport

After seeing Rushmore and Devil's tower we headed for Billings Montana..
Not finding a gas station for many miles my bike started blinking FUEL and my cuz was already on Reserve. We both got a little nervous then I saw this guy and we all pulled over for his spare fuel. He gave each of us about a gallon and he received $25 for his generosity. We rode 407 miles that day.

#16 · (Edited)
Body of water Nature Water resources Wilderness Water
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motorcycling Automotive tire

We stayed in West Yellowstone for 2 nights.. lots to see. Bears, Coyotes, Elk, Bison, and Antelope. Also saw the only other V on the trip at old Faithful.. '09 Silver V belonged to Carlos from British Columbia.
Left the next morning to head home.. riding 355 miles to Casper, Wyoming Then the next day we rode the longest by far 623 miles to Lincoln, Nebraska. The next day we rode to Mount
Vernon, Illinois 522 miles. Last day back to Canton and Candler, NC we rode 506 miles.

Next trip I think will be to Maine for lobster shacks and Arcadia National Park.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.