Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Newbie from Saint-Sauveur QC

4K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  fasteddiecopeman 
#1 ·
Hi there. New to this forum yesterday. Got a brand new 2011 Versys 650 last Thursday. Got an excellent deal on this beauty since it was a 2011 (but brand spanking new). I'm looking to make a few mods since it's not perfect (no bikes are anyway). These are the mods I'm looking to do this incoming winter:

- handguards;
- Oxford heated grips;
- rear tire hugger
- engine skid plate;
- taller windscreen;
- bags (maybe. not decided if soft or hardbags);
- Seat Concept.

That should be it for now since my last name ain't Rockefeller... Not yet decided on brand of most these mods. Recomendations welcome.

Francois

#17 ·
Hi satanic versys. You're right, I used to have a cat named Maurice and that's the first thing that came to my mind when I chose an email address years ago... Well, I don't know where the heck is St-Raphael... Let me check that out... I got it now: Saint-Raphael is on the south shore near Quebec city, just a swim across beautiful Ile d'Orléans. Nice place I guess. Never been there even though I lived in Qc city for 8 years a decade ago. I guess you ride year around. I'm jealous of that for sure. I tried the V yesterday for a quick ride, but got hit by rain and it was 34 degree F outside. I turned around and got her back in the garage. Took time to install the Battery Tender Jr this am. Awaiting the Seat concept, the fromt fenda extenda and the rear tire hugger (all parts in the mail).

Hope you enjoy your ride in the sun!

F

#22 ·
Welcome to the site. I would consider SW-Motech engine bars. They will save you money in the long run by making the bike damage resistant in a tip over and keep it undamaged or at least minimize damage in a slide on it's side. I would not advise riding the bike off pavement without them.

#26 ·
I've heard some about it. Some people told me to ride it as if I've just stolen it. My bike currently has 255km and plan on putting more km next Monday if wheather permits. The minute I left the dealership's parking lot, I did not ride it as if I stole it, but I did rev it a bit through the gears, trying not to go higher than 6,000 RPM. Hopefully, that was the right thing to do. That's what I'll be doin' next Monday to finish up this break in. Then, engine oil and filter change and then the beast will be parked in the garage for the winter.

Do you think I did that right?

F

#29 ·
Rode all afternoon yesterday. It was very nice here until 5 pm: sunny and + 14 Celcius. I thought I could ride today , but it was snowing here in Saint-Sauveur. The sun is coming out and it should be + 4 this pm. Will see if I can ride this pm otherwise I'd have to say the season is really over...

F

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.