Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

swingarm ?

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  ttpete 
#1 ·
installed motowerks lowering block last week ( another fine product from speedy) and when i lifted up swing arm to install shock ther seemed to be a slight play is this normal from just taking the weight off of it or not it was tight moving swingarm side to side and no i have not regreased that is one of my winter jobs thanks for any replys.

#3 ·
Flatwoods,

I have a lowering block on the way from another forum member. How hard is it to install? I know there are directions on Speedy's website, but sometimes reality is different that whats on paper. How hard is it to cut the kickstand? I already have the flatfoot from Speedy. I also bought some swing arm spools to aid in lifting the back end of the bike. Did you use a spool arm lifter to raise the bike, or something else>

Thanks
Jason

#4 · (Edited)
You cant lift the rear by the spools to install the lowering kit. I had help and lifted the bike up and had my wife slide jack stands (with rags) under the driver footpeg brackets. This allows the rear wheel to be in the air and able to remove the bottom rear shock bolt.

Cutting the kickstand with a hack saw was easy to do even while on the bike. The kickstand was easier than lowering but the lowering was not bad.

Don't forget that it is recommended by many to lower the front as well.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showpost.php?p=85847&postcount=161

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showpost.php?p=193999&postcount=229

:goodluck:

#7 ·
I used my trolley jack under the muffler using a flat piece of timber to protect the muffler and spread the load. I also tied the handlebars to a beam in the ceiling of the carport.
I used a hacksaw to cut the sidestand it was easier than I expected.
Follow Speedy's instructions and you won't go wrong

#9 ·
thanks invader, merlin it was very easy to install top notch parts, i always thought the stock kick stand made the bike lean over to much so imeasured down inch and three quarters its perfect for me now.i raised the bike up with swingarm stand and put 5 gallon buckets under footpegs worked great,

#11 ·
If you lower the rear, you must also lower the front, because lowering just the rear increases front end trail to the point that it won't want to turn in without pushing it down into the corner. I lowered my front to the point where the fork leg changes diameter, and it handles just fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.