Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Front tire choices

4K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  Streeter 
#1 ·
:feedback:I have decided on the Shinko 705 150/70/17 rear tire.

As for the front, it's between the Pirelli MT60 or Avon Distanzia. Looking for a 80/20 set up.

I just wished there was more choices for the 120/70/17 size.

#7 · (Edited)
...Shinko's 705 will self-destruct on the highway, especially when hot and loaded.
X 2 - I've written a few times about 705s 'throwing the treads'.

My experience also showed that the 705s get VERY hot, in comparison to other tires, which are merely warm. I had a 705 on one end of my KLR and a Kenda K270 on the other which is where I noticed that! :thumbdown:
:badidea:

#5 ·
I've had the Distanzia's on front/rear for about 1,000 miles so far and definetly enjoy them compared to stock

#18 ·
Overall, the Shinko 705 rear and Distanzia front are working out fine. I do have the radial rear. I have about 1500 miles on them so far and see practically no wear. I did feel the rear "step-out" about an inch or so 2 or 3 times during spirited riding. One time I know there was something slippery on the road, the other times I'm not so sure. I haven't got as much confidence in that tire as I'd like.

That rear tire is really, really tall. The Versys with the stock tires is tall, with the Shinko I'm way up on my tippy toes. Next time, I'll spend the money and try a Distanzia on the rear, too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.