Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Touring Helmets?

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Purificator 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have a problem that I detailed in a previous thread (http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21525) i.e. I have a long oval head with wide long face,...it is a pain to have an appropriate helmet...after dropping the CMS brand (only one star on this http://sharp.direct.gov.uk/testsratings/cms-gp4), I went to a local shop and tried most of his helmets with no success ... my head measurement is between 61-62 cm.

after he got tired, he indicated that I need to may be try TOURING helmet instead of racing ones...how accurate is this statement? can you suggest any touring helmets (for long oval head) you are using for daily commuting and long distance trips? how do touring helmet perform on highways at let say 100mile/h?

Thanks

#6 ·
Racing, Touring, I do not believe that has anything to do with head shape or helmet fit. I honestly believe is more a marketing gimmick. Professional racers have their helmets custom built for them. However, I understand that touring helmets are made to be worn for longer periods of time therefore they are built for comfort. You may have better luck with those marketed that way.

#11 ·
I got a very interesting deal on Arai signet Q...the thing is that I don't have any shop here in the city to try it first...and I will have to order it from the states so...I'm really really about to buy it, my only fear is that it seems it might be short for my long face: i.e. I'm afraid that my chin sticks out again on this one as well... :s

#12 ·
I have ordered the Arai Signet Q XL....there was a flash sale with an interesting price and I pulled the trigger....I have to wait for 4 to 5 days before I get it and try it....they will be probably the longest days...I really really hope that it will fit properly and will cover my chin as well....I'm crossing my fingers :p

#13 ·
I don't think you'll regret it. You can modify the cheek pads, the head pad, you can order thinner, thicker if 5mm doesn't do the job. I own several helmets, but always end up riding in my Arai. Their Sai pinlock shield is pretty good I suggest you look into that too. Oh and one more thing the visor change mechanism. At the beginning I hated it but now I can do it with my eyes closed 5 seconds.I try to find you the right video for that.

#15 ·
Thanks. I don't mind the pinlock or other stuffs, I just want it to fit my head AND COVER MY CHIN...there was a delay of 2 days in the shipment....so still 4 days to go...I measured the distance between my eyes and the botton of the chin and it is 14.3 cm...I spent hours looking on internet for the dimensions of the helmet to see if there are chances that my chin will not stick out the helmet and the Signet Q chin bar seems a bit short......what a mental torture.... :S

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.