Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

G'day I'm Adam from Oz

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Fastoman 
#1 ·
Just want to say G'day.

I'm not new to the Versys really... I bought my 07 new, modified it to my needs a bit,, road the wheels off it all around South East Australia and to work and back.. EVERY DAY... then traded it 2 years and 25000km later for another VFR after getting the sports bug again baadly and then through a miraculous stroke of luck... I re-bought my old Versy again with only 2000km more on her just last week for $3500 less than I traded it.

I gotta say it was freaky how I even ended up with one in the first place as it looked ugly, is still under powered, sounded waeful and just not my kinda road bike at all on paper; let alone the colour.. or Kawasaki to boot me in the nutz myself...

but when I rode one for a laugh with mates just to put a bit of **** on it really I was so really impressed with it's manners and engine and for the money it cost, I bought it cash that arvo... and gave myself an upper-cut for good measure too....
I then regretted trading it so baddly for the last recent 2 years... I just wished I had my little modded up Versys again. I wanted it back so bad...

So that's my intro guys to my big love of this particularly hard to sell bike.

I still have my 06 VFR800 and my Dirty's are still my biggest passion ... but I'm so stoked to have my little green meany back that I'm sitting here online telling the internet at midnight with a celebrating Wild Turkey beside me how much I'll never forsake my most favorite road bike yet.. ever again.

It's no Blade but it runs right along with them until they give it up and wave me by... or run out of fuel... or get back cramps from looking over their shoulder in disbelief.. It works pretty well offroad too but that's another story..

that's me guys and girls,

regards Adam- as the crow flies

See less See more
#8 ·
:welcome: Nothing beats the Versys-IMHO.

:thumb:
They are certainly a fantastic little bike but... If I had the money to burn or got a free whatever I could choose prize I'm sorta leaning more into a 2013 Multistrada. You just have to ride one.. they are just mind blowing to ride onroad
I got back on my VFR Vtec after 50km on a mates 2011 and it felt prehistoric and unrefined. It made me think how the hell have I been matching his pace and I realised he was doing it fun 8/10 instead of a little bit 10/10ths

Does AMG fiddle them too or just the Diavel cause that would really be a nice back tire wrecker cash bonfire.

Still back to my praises for the 650 Versys you can get 3 for 1 multi price wise, twice the fuel economy when thrashing horses, and thrice the tire life... stuff knows how much more engine life with home services; yeah get that up ya Duke!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.