Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

seat concepts

5K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  ABR 
#1 ·
Anybody have any experience with seat concepts. How is comfort,and looks

#8 ·
Am really glad I got one. Love it. I'm 6' and wear 34" long Levi"s. The seat is a bit taller and a bit farther back as compared to stock seat but perfect for me. Money well spent.

#11 ·
Seat Concepts is located in Hemet CA. Not to far from you maybe you should ride over and check them out...

#13 ·
This seat just makes me like the bike like I wanted to from day one. The only adjustment I might do is turn in the handlebars very slightly towards me and then ergos will be perfect. In fact the overall comfort (for me) is now better on my Versys then it was on a 2010 BMW K1300GT. Seriously at 150$ this upgrade is hard to beat! The only thing is you need long legs since removing the slope on the seat does make it feel a bit higher. If you're tall you'll love the extra leg room. Here are a few pics I took with different configurations.

#18 ·
I pretty sure SC makes a low seat as well and the standard one. I have the standard with +1 foam on the "V". I like is so much I plan to replace the Sargent Saddle on my KLR with a SC kit this year.

The +1 foam makes the saddle rather hard and I like it that way, I find the Sargent's a little too soft for my taste and even the standard seat from them is about 1' to 1 1/2" lower than the stock seat and my old beat up knees need all the help they can get! BUT at 165 you might want to stay with the standard foam the SC has.

#19 ·
I contacted seat concepts and inqiured about the low version. They said it was something they had considered however they didnt go ahead with it because they need someone local to offer thier versys for r&d to develop the seat. At this time they only offer the standard and +1 foam

#20 ·
Just to add in my two cents I have a standard version, possibly with +1 foam as it seems a bit firm, and it made a world of difference. I'm tall and the extra height was appreciated, but the greater comfort over long rides was the big win.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.