Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Life is good

4K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  weljo2001 
#1 ·
:huh: OK it official the Chinese government has given the landing rights to land in their country to AA in exchange for their maintenance being done in china. The reverse thrusters and landing gear on the plane your flying on is being done by someone making 70 cents an hour and about to go on strike. “Not a good ideal”. The US government is going to pay me $460 a week to ride my V down south for 2 ½ years and drink beer on the beach. Sounds like a good idea to me as I don’t have any debt. “I don’t” Life is good. Do you have to have insurance to dive in Argentina? Cheers, JET:interesting:

#8 ·
Thanks for the translation. Now I get it.

I'm all for taking a ride to make the best something positive out of a bad situation, but on the other hand, a couple of years drinking beer on the beach in Argentina is going to make for a big hole on the ol' resume when the unemployment payments run out.

#12 ·
I am sorry this is not a pity party. I have skills; I can do whatever I want. If your broken down 100 miles from nowhere I’m your best friend. I was just saying that if you are sitting in an airport and delayed because of maintenance problems there is a financial reason. Bean counters are running the world and don’t know squat about airplanes. Hope no one gets killed while they educate themselves. Howard Hughes, C.R. Smith, Bob Crandall, Herb Keller were all airplane guys and you cannot change the physics of flying. Metals expand and contract as the temperatures change and have exposure to the elements.
My biggest problem is whether I want to ride my 40 year old Beemer down south or ride the V. My Beemer carries more and the tech on it is rock solid but it’s not as fun as my V.
Cheers,
JET

#15 ·
...My biggest problem is whether I want to ride my 40 year old Beemer down south or ride the V. My Beemer carries more and the tech on it is rock solid but it’s not as fun as my V.
Cheers,
JET
EASY solution - take the V!
:thumb:

Beemer w/trailer hitch? Get a trailer - bring both! Beemer without hitch? Put one there!
Advantage - you don't have to make a choice :clap:.
Or is the Beemer a two wheeled sucker? Then I'd definitely go for the V! Don't worry about spare parts.
If it should break down and there are no parts locally around - you'll get an opportunity to explore and enjoy the surroundings while you wait for for them to arrive.
http://www.kawasakiargentina.com/ - they could assist. Let the good times roll!
In my experience, "Beemer" refers to a motorcycle, while "Bimmer" refers to the caged ones.

#13 · (Edited)
Beemer w/trailer hitch? Get a trailer - bring both! Beemer without hitch? Put one there!
Advantage - you don't have to make a choice :clap:.
Or is the Beemer a two wheeled sucker? Then I'd definitely go for the V! Don't worry about spare parts.
If it should break down and there are no parts locally around - you'll get an opportunity to explore and enjoy the surroundings while you wait for for them to arrive.
http://www.kawasakiargentina.com/ - they could assist. Let the good times roll!

#18 ·
Gotta rant here so if you don't feel like reading it stop here.

When will America stop giving away our future to the bloody Chinese? "Ok to Land if they can do maintenance", and AA does it so the share holders can make a lot of money. Do you what know what A&P skills they have over there! Don't get me started about the QA aspect of it and the non FAA regulations.

God I am sick of seeing jobs/our future as a manufacturing power leave the USA.

pmac

#19 ·
I have a flight on AA with tickets already purchased for next Feb. Hope the planes stay together long enough to complete that safely, and then I'm done with them.

I agree with your rant, pmac, although I put alot of blame on Corporations that gave American technology to the Chinese in return for the right to partner with the Chinese military-government-politican-scamsters there so they could sell it in China.

#21 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.