Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Custom exhaust-Manreli

5K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  BKKPhil 
#1 ·
I wanted to change the stock exhaust,but in Macedonia the cheapest slip-on I could find with delivery was 400 eur (or 522 USD)
So I decided to give a local guy a chance,everyone was speaking how good he is,quality in finish and everything,plus he gave me a lifetime warranty :D
He made the size and shape I wanted (which was plain oval) and this is what came out.
The first pic is compared to the stock and than mounted on the bike
Plus a video of the sound filmed with a phone with a rather crappy microphone

Attachments

See less See more
1 2
#11 ·
Loud pipes save lives!

Maybe so but with all the the people on the road texting, talking on cell phones,ect. that don't care if they run a bike over maybe the extra noise will let them know your close by. I had i bike in my blind spot in rush hour traffic that could'nt change lanes but i never forgot he was there because of his loud pipes, which is a good (safe thing). Even police departments are having a lot of accidents because the officers are using their computers,ect. while moving. I saw a program on tv where a cop ran over a bike at a stop sign, the cops dash cam recorded it. A lot of police depts. are installing a device that shuts down the computer after the car reaches 15 mph. Anyway your bike sounds great and looks great, nice work! Loud pipes save lives!

#12 ·
Maybe so but with all the the people on the road texting, talking on cell phones,ect. that don't care if they run a bike over maybe the extra noise will let them know your close by. I had i bike in my blind spot in rush hour traffic that could'nt change lanes but i never forgot he was there because of his loud pipes, which is a good (safe thing). Even police departments are having a lot of accidents because the officers are using their computers,ect. while moving. I saw a program on tv where a cop ran over a bike at a stop sign, the cops dash cam recorded it. A lot of police depts. are installing a device that shuts down the computer after the car reaches 15 mph. Anyway your bike sounds great and looks great, nice work! Loud pipes save lives!
You have to be kidding...! Watch how few cars respond to sirens on emergency vehicles... you think they hear YOU?

#16 ·
To be honest,it saved me from 2 or 3 crashes so far and one of them would have been running over a pedestrian who didn't watch the road but was looking at the near by bus station if his bus has arrived yet. He heard me and stopped at the last second. Also many cars make room for me at traffic lights etc.
I will add a baffle to it but use it only for long trips. As for driving in a city-loud pipes CAN save lives

#18 · (Edited)
In Thailand louder exhaust are crucial and of the reasons I fitted a Scorpion on mine. I drove the car (until recently) to work most of the time, and in Thailand battling for space with thousands of scooters and maniac school vans and mini bus drivers is a daily challenge.

What persuaded me to upgrade my exhaust was the fact I heard on many occasion a motorcycle coming from behind somewhere. It's hard to tell where because the sound is low and pretty much none directional. But while driving at near stationary speeds bumper to bumper, It gave me time to look around and make room.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.