Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

found the perfect tank bag!

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Arion 
#1 ·
i was in sevierville, tn a few weeks ago on a "guys trip" with my dad and 6yo son. when we go up there we always hit up the Coleman outlet store.

i walk in and see a selection of motorcycle stuff on clearance.. my heart sank when i saw it was Paul Jr. Designs crap. i did notice a little magnetic tank bag and decided to give it a look.

it appeared to be the perfect size/shape for my versys. for $9.99 on clearance i couldn't go wrong, so i snagged it. when i got home i test fit the bag and it is PERFECT. i'll post some photos later on. 5min with some scissors and a seam ripper and all traces of Paul Jr Designs are gone and i have a cheap, quality tank bag that fits perfectly. score!

here's the stock photo of the bag in question..

See less See more
#6 ·
strange.. i guess they are somehow in bed with coleman. i'll take some photos in a bit and post them up - my phone is dead and on the charger. $10, can't go wrong!

#8 ·
Cutting-board tank-bag mount

Nice find regarding tank bag, indulf. Magnets and straps have a way of leaving their marks on painted surfaces, so I opted for the same tank bag, although I had to pay much more for it than you did. Mounting was accomplished through a Cortech Dryver tank-bag mounting ring, $25 as I recall, and a $2 poly cutting board from Target. Board was shaped to fit inside and beneath tank bag, sandwiching the bottom of the bag and providing a reliable and rigid base. Makes for very easy refueling.

Attachments

#9 ·
Nice find regarding tank bag, indulf. Magnets and straps have a way of leaving their marks on painted surfaces, so I opted for the same tank bag, although I had to pay much more for it than you did. Mounting was accomplished through a Cortech Dryver tank-bag mounting ring, $25 as I recall, and a $2 poly cutting board from Target. Board was shaped to fit inside and beneath tank bag, sandwiching the bottom of the bag and providing a reliable and rigid base. Makes for very easy refueling.
That is a very clever and inventive idea. Well done! :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.