Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Versys sightings....

182K views 700 replies 273 participants last post by  Itsgordo 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
SO HERE WE GO FOLKS...a "SIGHTING" thread.

#490 ·
I don't mean to be petulant, but how far is "half way across the country?"

I am glad that there is at least one new Versys in your country.

#491 · (Edited)
Haha, yep good point, since Texas is a lot bigger than my country it is about a 500 km or 300 miles road trip with a 3 hr inter island ferry crossing so not a big deal for Texans but for us little hobbits it is huge to be out of the shire.

Looked up New Mexico, 121,589 square miles, NZ 103,483 square miles, Colorado 104,185 square miles.

#495 ·
the first time i saw one was at the dealer i was looking for a naked bike a ducati monster 796 but since they cost way too much for maintenance i looked for something else and there it was near the window , i took it for a test ride , when i came back hit a big smile on my face , i bought it a nice 2012 versys and loving it

#496 ·
i took it for a test ride , when i came back hit a big smile on my face , i bought it .... and loving it
Same here. Only addition, was my research. I was wanting something FUN to get me past the boring cruiser. I had ridden them my entire life. I started searching for "Fun Motorcycle". The Versys kept popping up so I looked here at our forum. Again, everywhere I turned, I saw "fun". The test ride sold it. :cheers:

#498 ·
Work sent me to Hawaii this week, it's rough duty let me tell you!

I may have accidentally rented an F800GS, which I'm loving, but not as much as my Versys, because, we'll, it's mine! ;)

Anyway, I saw a blue one near north shore on kamehameha hwy twice, once when he passed me while I was taking a break, and once going the other way looking for some shrimp ;)

#499 ·
Great weather in the Bay Area today and I saw not one but TWO V's

One was a 2012 yellow one parked at Road Rider, and the other was a red 2011 on Blossom Hill Road near my house.

I think they're catching on!

#501 ·
Norwalk Ca. Today

Saw a 2012 Black & Yellow today at 1:15pm at the intersection of Flallon & Firestone in Norwalk CA. I was in the white Infiniti G37 going in the opposite direction watching the D.U.M.B.A.S.S in the wine color VW Passat that started to make the left without a green arrow in front of the little rice burner car you were behind.

#503 ·
Saw a 2012 Black & Yellow today at 1:15pm at the intersection of Flallon & Firestone in Norwalk CA. I was in the white Infiniti G37 going in the opposite direction watching the D.U.M.B.A.S.S in the wine color VW Passat that started to make the left without a green arrow in front of the little rice burner car you were behind.
I have a 2012 Black/Yellow and am in Los Angeles, but I've never
taken it down to Norwalk.

#507 ·
This morning around 8 , imperial red on Canada St. Lake George NY. Throughout the whole Americade, 2 blues, 1 green, 2 2nd gen reds , + another 1st gen version painted white Ohlins forks and rear owner was from the Kawa demo team. Plus the 2013 white&blue in their demo lineup.

#510 ·
Finally saw my second V in the wild... it was a red 1st gen in the parking lot for STAR2013 in Lexington last week and had Ohio plates. Because of the distance (LA to Lexington and back), I had ridden my Trophy instead, but still nice to see another one!

#512 ·
I saw an 08 heading north on the Blue Ridge Parkway near Linville about 10:45 this morning.

#514 · (Edited)
Spotted 3 Versys Today

The fist was an 09 green both of us were passing hells kitchen on ortega hwy going opposite directions i was headed south west at 3:50. The second was a 11 maroon that was going the same direction as the green just 5 minutes apart. Then coming off ortega hwy onto antonio saw an 09 blue headed to ortega hwy. Got the first 2 on video the last one i had just turned off the camera.Will post video tomorrow.

#517 · (Edited)
THREE Vs in Dawson City... whose bikes?

Saw three Vs in Dawson. The FIRST, ridden by jdrocks ( I BELIEVE that one, MAYBE two of you :clap: have heard of HIM), owned by Mike (Versystole) from this site. (There's a REAL story happenin' there! :goodluck:)

Spoke w/ the SECOND ('08 from Alaska), who used to frequent this site, but now MOSTLY sticks to ADV. :huh:

I thought the THIRD (black '07) might be fdale from here, but he e-mailed me that it's NOT. :feedback:

So, anyone...? :confused:

Of course there WERE FOUR Vs there, but you've seen the GREEN HORNET before....;)

Attachments