Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Will Be Selling Versys & Most Farkles

8K views 38 replies 21 participants last post by  kiwi 41 
#1 ·
We just bought a place on the beach in Puerto Rico. So i'll be there this winter and want a new bike when i come back to the states next year. So i'll be posting later a list of "Farkles" that i'll be selling and the bike with what i'll be leaving on it. Not leaving for awhile so i'm in no big hurry.;) ....http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20013

#6 ·
Will be in San Juan this time. Last time lived in Ponce, Sold the house there to the same people we sold the business to.

#7 ·
On the beach in San Juan? Is it in Isla verde, Condado perhaps.

I grew up close to the beach. I went to middle school and high school right in the Condado area. In my senior year in HS my school teachers used to tell me that I would not accomplish anything if I kept wasting my time surfing at "la ocho", Pine Grove and at the reef in front of Ocean Park. I guess they were wrong. I quit surfing while in college after a really bad wipe out surfing at la pared and ended up with a triple major from the University of Puerto Rico. Surfing taught me how to be persistent and to value life.

Good luck there and with your new bike.

#8 ·
On the beach in San Juan? Is it in Isla verde, Condado perhaps.

Good luck there and with your new bike.

Don't have a clue..The Girlfriend came home for 2 weeks and told me we just got a place at the beach in San Juan. So i threw out " Hey since we just bought a house i didn't know about,I guess thats means i get a new motorcycle" She said Okay so life is good.:D

#9 ·
Wow, have you considered the V1000 but there is also a lot of great options out there but i am sure you will have fun with whatever you choose and you will keep the American economy going once you add all the mods to your new bike.

All the best and don't be a stranger when you go, hopefully will catch up with you in person one day.

#10 ·
My 2 top choices are the V1000 or the Triumph Explorer. Leaning toward the Triumph but if the V1000 hits the states i'll take a good hard look.

Won't be in Puerto Rico long just for a couple of months. Got the house there for another investment.

#12 ·
I saw a Triumph at the dealership. Really Really want one but won't make that decision till i see the V1000. But Kawai might make that decision for me if they don't bring it here. But i have started my farkle list for the Triumph.:guilty:

#13 ·
Beouwulf Radiator Guard is Sold!!!!!!!!!!!!

#17 ·
For sure~ Motowerk Peg Lowering Blocks
yes~ Motowerk Highway Peg Mounts w/Rivcoo Pegs
~PHOTO please~ A possibility~~ SW-Motech Stainless Steel Chain Guard
~PHOTO please~ A possibility~~Motowerk Flatfoot
~the flatfoot~ I will probably purchase on twisted throttle on Sunday

Thanks... hope the new Bike is a Versys~You've been a great contributor on this forum

#19 ·
Anyone heard from weljo2001.
We had agreed I was purchasing the Bewolf radiaotor guard back on the 13th. He said he was going to ship that Monday.
I have not heard from him since. I tried pming, and email both to no avail.
I hope he is alright.
Not like him him to be off the grid this long, maybe he snuck up into Canada to buy a V1000, hope everything is okay Joseph? :feedback:

#23 ·
Did you ship your Versys to PR? I am moving there in May next year and wondering, if you did ship it, who you used and what it cost. If you are still around in May maybe I can take whatever parts you have left. How do you feel the Versys does in PR? I am hoping it will help with the traffic issues I hear about.

#28 ·
Story, not to hijack Weljo's thread (hope he comes back to visit us soon), but I can say that I lived in Puerto Rico for eight years, never owned a car while I was there but owned three different motorcycles during that time, and while this was pre-Versys, I think the Versys would be ideal for life there.

You want something nimble and narrow, for getting through traffic. Don't need long-range comfort because the island is only 100 miles long. Don't need off-road ability because all the roads are paved (though not always good pavement). Something not too expensive or exotic makes sense, to keep service easier and potential losses from traffic incidents low.

Shipping was quite reasonable back when I did it, but that was many years ago. The bigger expense is you have to pay an import tax and it must be titled and registered in P.R. before you can get it off the docks.

#29 ·
Wow, have been here a while! I miss weljo and stagehand! These forum are really different that way. Here one day gone the next. :thumbdown:

I'll never forget weljo burning that $100 bill! :thumb: I laughed so hard! :thumb: All the memories! :thumb: :D

When I first got here I had a mullet and the fellow riders said please get rid of it and I did. Now I have a great girl friend and I'm clean cut, but still not completely normal. This is an awesome forum! :thumb:

Please stop by guys, we all would like to hear from ya! :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.