Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Wolfman Tank Bag?

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  twowheeladdict 
#1 ·
What experience do you guys (and gals) have with the Wolfman tank bags?

I looked at the Explorer Lite while up at Aerostich this summer and it seems to fit the Versys very well.

Thanks,

Mitch

#2 ·
Great bags! I almost bought one of those, but my GF gave me a small Firstgear one. I may end up buying the Enduro or Small Expedition to use on both the Versys and KLR as needed. I like that you can add on to the basic bags the they make.

Everyone I know that has a Wolfman loves it. PLUS they stand behind what they make and you can get replacement parts from them. I broke a buckle on a Buell bag and had a very hard time finding one after H-D shut Buell down.

#6 ·
I want to point out they are not over priced at all. I found them to be inline OR a bit less than some of the other bags I looked at. NOW you may have to pay a bit more for a rain cover but the money's well spent.

#11 ·
They might not be overpriced, but they are expensive. I've never paid over $30 for a tank bag in the size that the wolfman enduro bags are. I may still get one because there are no other options for the KLX250S that I have found so far.
I have had a couple of those $30.00 bags. None lasted more than a year or two. The Buell Brand bag I had for my XB was over $100.00 and the "Piping" was falling apart in two year, and it saw limited use.

The Wolfman looks like it'll out last ME, now that may OR may not be saying much :eek: . So even if it cost more going in it's worth it in the long run as you only buy one.

#9 ·
I was up at AeroStich a month or so ago and they were cleaning out a bunch of stuff they had in their showroom so I piked up an Explorer Lite (and several other things) at a great deal.

Anyway .... after watching it snow all morning I decided that if I couldn't ride I could at least go get my bag mounted.
-The back straps were easy to get on, just pop the seat and run them around the frame.
-The front straps were a bit more tricky but one I took some plastic off (tank fairings and the turn signals) I was able to get the straps in place. Just be extra careful on the right side that you get the straps under the wiring that runs along the frame member.

Overall I'm very happy with how it sits on the bike and the bag seems to be very solid. Running out of daylight but if anyone wants a photo, just let me know and I can take one later.

I may send an e-mail to Wolfman to see if I can set of 4 of the female buckles so that I can rig up an extra X out of just 1" tubular webbing that I could clip on in place of the bag if I ever take the bag off, that way the front straps can't fall down inside the front fairing.

Mitch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.