Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Dropped the Ninja 1000 on paddock stand

12K views 41 replies 11 participants last post by  kiwitourer 
#1 · (Edited)
As this is not the right stand for this bike I get away with putting rag around exhaust as otherwise underneath of exhaust would scratch. Today did not hook up right side correct and she ended up on rfloor on right but did managed to take the force out of it by holding on, slight mark in RH green plastic lower down, black plastic at very bottom but what hacked me off it cut the the wires on the rear ABS.

The photos look like it went left but I had to pick it up off floor on right and somehow get it on the stand, photos taken after the I had uttered O Crap

See less See more
#5 ·
Ed you are a funny guy and we do wheelies like this because of living upside down. My fault for being cheap as using the stand Fastoman sent me over from Malaysia for the Ninja was a accident waiting to happen.
:D Sorry on your mishap bro...Trust you are OKAY after the wheelie..

The stand is Okay but you need a different hook for the Z1. The hook are meant for the Versys not the Z1.

#6 ·
Using with the hook you gave me with stand it slides hard underneathe of exhaust.The main reason i tipped her over was I never hooked the right hook correctly and when i lifted with left hook connected it tipped it hard to right and the stand got jammed in wheel, had to lift to back up off the ground and push it back over on to the stand like in the photos.

#9 ·
The stand can be used for the Z1000 , but you need to change the Hooks. The present hooks are meant for the V and not Z1000, but has you say, you can use the stand but need to be very careful.

The present hooks are Like a "G style hook" or fish hook and for the Z1000 you will need a "Y shape" hook.

Again sorry on the mishap.

#12 ·

I use this pitbull with spools. It's adjustable so I can use it for both my MT-01 and Versys, only takes a few seconds to adjust for each bike. And with the handle on one side it makes it easy to operate when you're alone. I always check to make sure both sides are positioned well before lifting.

#25 · (Edited)
It was only in 2000 that our dollar was at 39 cents US and we joked about it being the pacific peso.

The New Zealand dollar was initially pegged to the US dollar at US$1.62 = NZ$1. This rate changed on 21 November of the same year to US$1.12 = NZ$1 after the devaluation of the British pound (see Bretton Woods system), although New Zealand devalued more than the UK.[6]

In 1971 the US devalued its dollar relative to gold, leading New Zealand on 23 December to peg its dollar at US$1.216 with a 4.5% fluctuation range, keeping the same gold value. From 9 July 1973 to 4 March 1985 the dollar's value was determined from a trade-weighted basket of currencies.

The NZ$ was floated on 4 March 1985 at the initial rate of US$0.4444. Since then the dollar's value has been determined by the financial markets, and has been in the range of about US$0.39 to 0.88.

The dollar's post-float minimum average daily value was US$0.3922 on 22 November 2000, and it set a post-float maximum on 22 July 2011 of US$0.8666. Much of this medium-term variation in the exchange rate has been attributed to differences in interest rates.[citation needed]

The New Zealand dollar's value is often strongly affected by currency trading,[citation needed] and is among the 10 most-traded currencies.[7]

On 11 June 2007 the Reserve Bank sold an unknown amount of New Zealand dollars in an attempt to drive down its value. This is the first intervention in the markets by the Bank since the float in 1985.

Two suspected interventions followed, but they were not as successful as the first: the first appeared to be initially effective, with the dollar dropping to approximately US$0.7490 from near US$0.7620. However, within little more than a month it had risen to new post-float highs, reaching US$0.8103 on 23 July 2007.

After reaching its post-float record high in early 2008, the value of the NZ$ plummeted throughout much of the 2nd half of 2008 and the first quarter of 2009 as a response to the global economic downturn and flight by investors away from "riskier" currencies such as the NZ$. The NZ$ bottomed out at approximately US$0.50 on 6 March 2009.[8] However, it rebounded strongly as the year progressed, reaching the US$0.75 range by November 2009.[8]

#34 ·
Phil. Check out House of Custom's, website. He is based in Paeroa. He sells a combo set, front or rear. Just change the top hoop. All the hooks etc. it looks like its made in Europe. I got the stand and rear spools/bobbins for 97.00. Real cheap for what it is and does. Works a treat. The stand works from the rear so you should clear your mufflers. He sells via Trademe as well. Your bike looks sharp. Thank your lucky stars it's not to damaged.

#40 ·
Funny how bike was sitting on training wheels and all i could think about after liftting it back up and that could of been when i broke abs wires was to go into the house a get my camera. Hind sight is a great thing but once it was on the ground i should of removed the left hand side of the stand as it un bolt's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.