Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Hwy Pegs...cheap?

7K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  offcamber 
#1 ·
I need a set of Highway pegs to bolt to my SWM crash bars. I thought I had a cheap solution but it didn't work out. Basically I had a set of ATV passenger foot rests that I had bought a long time ago but never installed for my ATV...I have since sold the ATV everything was going to work out great until I went to bolt on the left footrest. Apparently the SWM bars are different left to right. The left upright support is shorter than the right. The clamp didn't have enough clearance to to fit on the bar without hitting the bottom horizontal bar.

SO back to square one...I searched the forum on this subject Haven't found simple cheap solution. TT wants $150 for a set....thats just ridicules in my book for some simple pegs. I have the factory pegs kicking around...thought maybe I could use those somehow....anybody fab up some homemade mounts??

The KLR owner in me is coming out....looking to go cheap....milkcrate cheap :D

#4 ·
Thanks but I refuse to buy from JC Whitney anymore....They don't follow there own sales policy and out right lied to me over the phone then when I read there own policy back to them they came up with a new excuse not follow it....I won't go into the details but they are crooks....

#10 ·
Really clever! :goodidea:
Did the bar come pre-curved, or did you have to shape it?

#12 ·
#17 · (Edited)
Hey YYChow, So sorry to hear about your incident I can see at full compression now how that could happen. Ive done a quick fix now to mine so that wont happen.
I've cut the middle section out and added an extra hose clamp to each of the foot pegs they are cut at 205mm long.
Photobucket is having a brainfart atm so ill upload a shot as soon as its available.

With the extra clamp they are still as strong as before I just need to add the black plug on the cut ends.

#18 ·
Hey YYChow, So sorry to hear about your incident I can see at full compression now how that could happen. Ive done a quick fix now to mine so that wont happen.
I've cut the middle section out and added an extra hose clamp to each of the foot pegs they are cut at 205mm long.
Photobucket is having a brainfart atm so ill upload a shot as soon as its available.

With the extra clamp they are still as strong as before I just need to add the black plug on the cut ends.
Someone somewhere must have been looking out for me for this to happen at the end of a long journey (over 500 kms) when I was already tired and riding slowly, close to home.

I shudder to think what would have happened if this incident happened while riding at normal speed limits on a busy road or if I was riding 2 up etc.

Post your pic when you can. I'll debate with myself then whether or not to fix it again :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.