Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

New from Northern Calif.

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  MsBlade 
#1 ·
Hello Versys people. I look forward to reading about your Versys adventures. Seems like I will also be lowering the height of the bike a bit. All seems good so far. I got the Versys to move to a more goat road (meaning old bumpy roads) friendly bike (instead of the cbr1000).

#3 · (Edited)
#8 ·
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Versys. I think you'll find that you get to use the throttle a bit more on this bike, occasionally all the way to the stop! I lowered mine a few months into ownership after weighing the pros and cons. Handling and cornering clearance are still good and I can back it out of a parking spot now. I used the Moto Werk kit, great product and service.

#12 ·
G'day there.. If your riding rough bumpy roads you might consider a better rear shock too, you can get away with unclicking some spring load at the least as the standard jobbie will turn you spine into a slinky with the upright seating position especially if your light.
A cheap fix is an older R1 shock i think 06 from memory that only needs the mounting eylet drilled out a wee bit to fit and is only a fraction longer in stroke.

But you know how it goes cheap bike, cheap suspension.
Super fun for the money but, and if you like your harder edged bikes then your gonna make arses out of your mates on one of these pea shooters..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.