Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Help! Bike wont start... Stuck at work!

4K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  invader 
#1 ·
Morning,
Went to start the V for my 50 mile commute this morning. First press of the starter and I got a buzzing sound, but with no turning over. Tried again and away we went. Decided to run her to work, as washed at the weekend and assumed that some watre had got somewhere it shouldnt.
Got towork, switched off and tried to re-start... Every time I press the starter, theres a high pitched buzzing coming from under the tank, but the bike doesnt turn over.
Any suggestions? Or am I doomed to spend the rest of my life stuck at work???
Thanks,
Phil.

#4 ·
This happened to me 5 weeks ago and my bike was just 1 year 1 week old. My battery was okay and kicking. The problem I got was the starter relay. You can try to check this.

1) Open your seat.
2) On the left side of the bike, open the mid body cover below the seat. Not the long one but the vertical one.
3) There will be a small box behind that cover ( looks like a diamond shape ). Open that up and you will see the starter relay with 2 30a fuses. ( Sorry dont know the measurement for fuses, is it amperes or voltage )
4) You can first try to swap the fuses and see if that helps. If not you can try to swap the whole starter relay.

In my country the starter relay costs around USD 100 plus installation. Apparently this is quite a norm with Kawasaki's and its all down to luck since its an electronic device. Sigh.....

Hope this helps. Good luck...

#10 ·
This is a day late and a dollar short but by your description the fuel pump is running with the buzzing under the tank. My guess would be the starter button has dirty or wet contacts from the washing. Easy to undo the control housing and clean those contacts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.