Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

solution to the anteater nose

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Hoghead 
#1 · (Edited)
I finally could not take it anymore and built a fibreglass filler panel to solve the Versys anteater nose look.
A bit more work to do on the finish so that I can make a quality mould and fabricate some proper aluminium mounting brackets, but it will look like this

I am thinking to paint mine red to match the bike, but flat back is an easy rattle can job for those that do not want to go to the bother of painting.

This is part of my Versys beak project, but I like it so much this way that I am going to forgo the beak section on my own bike and just use this "anteater nose" filler panel.

Since I have to make a mould I will be making several sets, plus another design with similar filler panels and a beak section

On to the beak tomorrow for those that really want a beak

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I finally could not take it anymore and built a fibreglass filler panel to solve the Versys anteater nose look.
A bit more work to do on the finish so that I can make a quality mould and fabricate some proper aluminium mounting brackets, but it will look like this

I am thinking to paint mine red to match the bike, but flat back is an easy rattle can job for those that do not want to go to the bother of painting.

This is part of my Versys beak project, but I like it so much this way that I am going to forgo the beak section on my own bike and just use this "anteater nose" filler panel.

Since I have to make a mould I will be making several sets, plus another design with similar filler panels and a beak section

On to the beak tomorrow for those that really want a beak
If you wanted to leave it like that www.s2concept.com already do one like this :D

or this

Richard ;)

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks I did not know that. At that price it well may be made from ABS and they are trying to recoup their mould investment
Also looks like 1 piece with the rad cover

I am thinking that less than 100 USD shipped to the US is more like it, but will know better when the job is done

In any case it is done now, so another wheel reinvented

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.