Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

sooooo ugly handlebar riser

23K views 40 replies 23 participants last post by  jaaklucas 
#1 ·
I just cannot look at that ugly handlebar riser anymore. I love the riding position, but it is just an esthetic thing

A standard dual riser comes to mind. Is there a readily available part or do I need to whittle my own?

Any other ideas as how to pretty this up. My riding is all on road and the bike is used for both an everyday bike and for light touring

#2 ·
I've researched that and it appears that since V riser is sitting on 4 bolts with unusual angle there're no alternatives to the OEM riser. Nothing at all. Nobody makes them for V specifically, because any shorter riser would cause problems with clearing the tank and fairings.

So, I've installed Rizoma risers, but had to drill the top-yoke (soft aluminium, so no drama, except for wife's major bewilderment with noise and mess). If you decide to do that, some words of caution: most 3rd party risers are for fat-bars, so you'd either have to use spacers, or change bars; and be very carefull when choosing the spot to drill - you need to make sure there's a space for a nut underneath AND the bars clear the tank AND the key has space to go into the ignition switch (I buggered this one and had to kut off the rubber from my key).

But then, it's all good fun! ;-)

#4 ·
I replaced my ugly upper handlebar holder (clamp) with a custom fitted set of Moose racing riser/adapters for tapered aluminum handlebars before my first ride on new Versys. I also sculpted down the lower handlebar holder to match, and covered the center gap.

Rox riser/adapters are much easier, and can also be pivoted for more handlebar reach adjustment.

#6 · (Edited)
My understanding is he's talking about the whole fugly link between the bars and the top triple clamp.

I hate that thing too, and wish there was an alternative. My next mod is to replace the crappy atv bar with some fmx fat bars.. hopefully that will mask the rest of the fugly under it.

#7 ·
Yes the top clamp is liveable but the space age riser between the clamp and the triple tree just has to go

As I say I like the sit up rising position as I am 58 now and the dog humping a football position is too much for more than a short ride. Those days were a lot of bikes and years ago.
Tall risers ALA Harley customs may look silly but perhaps a middle ground of halving the distance between the riser and a different bar?

#9 ·
How timely! I met a buddy for lunch on Friday and he came over looking at my triple clamp and I looked and asked what was wrong and he said he'd never seen one that looked like it. Nice way to say it was fugly? :eek:

#10 ·
Lets face it the whole bike is kind of odd looking....to each their own. The riser doesn't bother me...certainly not enough to spend time and money to change it. Changing it won't make the bike handle better, go faster, or increase performance so it falls under "it ain't broke so no need to fix it" heading....

Reactions: Smiley
#14 ·

I borrowed this from a picture from JD Rocks (hope you dont mind JD) I remember seeing this set quite a while back on an earlier post. can't find any more details on them online however, they look good.

#20 ·
I just put on the 2" Rox risers. It was not for aesthetics, but for a differnt feel. I am now in a very nuetral position, not realizing that I was leaning forward before. I went with the Rox since you can adjust the camber of the handlebars. I like Speedy's stuff but was told that your bar position is fixed. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

#23 ·
Correct Speedy's bar position is fixed - but you can still rotate the bar.

Rox Risers are good if you want different angles for different riding styles.
The Rox Risers pivot in the original mount allowing you to adjust the whole bar forward or back eg: for riding standing on the pegs etc. The Bar will still also rotate to get the controls at the right angle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.