Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

Versys sightings....

182K views 700 replies 273 participants last post by  Itsgordo 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
SO HERE WE GO FOLKS...a "SIGHTING" thread.

#2 ·
anyone? Hello? Bueller????

Then I'll start.

a month ago I sighted a "RED" going north on Lakeshore drive in the Grosse Pointe area.
I would have turned it around but I was on my way to work.

But even closer to home...My sweetie saw a "GREEN" heading north on Groesbeck Hwy just north of Metro parkway ( 16 mile road). The pilot was wearing a green leather and 'Kawi" green helmet. (nice touch) :thumb:

If you guys are out there....say Hi":D

#3 ·
Have only seen one other V around town, (or in any of my travels for that matter), and he is a member of this forum.

#5 ·
Are there any other '10 Versys owners besides me out there? I am having a time getting a taller windshield and hope us '10 owners can band together and get the windshield makers to get busy designing something for us. Looks to me like all it needs is an adapter to make an older design fit. Mike with Mike's Shields said he hasn't even seen a '10 yet and the guy at Cal-Sci is trying to get his hands on a '10 but can't find any in California or anywhere close by. If I had the money, I would think about a road trip but Texas to Cali is a bit farther than I want to travel even with the bike in the back of my truck. I am currently a bum (unemployed) and have the time, but lack of funds make it hard to travel. Now, you are asking yourself . . . how did this bum afford a brand new '10 Versys? Long story but let's just say my credit is really good and I know how to haggle for both a good price on the trade-in and the new bike I just bought.

:)

#8 ·
Are there any other '10 Versys owners besides me out there?
I am having a time getting a taller windshield...
Yeah I’ve got a 2010 ... and I want a real windshield too.

I had ordered the Kawasaki “Tall” even though it’s just a tad bigger than the stock one and I doubted that it would do the job effectively... but I’ve cancelled that and ordered the Givi which they’re telling me is supposed to be available in the U.S. within a couple of weeks.

http://www.giviusa.com/attachfile/content/moto_regionali_usa_com/52080/0.1.1.kversys65010lato.jpg

http://www.giviusa.com/attachfile/content/prodotti_regionali_usa_com/52079/0.0.1.d410st.jpg

http://www.giviusa.com/My-motorcycle/?ma=KAWASAKI&mo=Versys-650

#7 ·
DAM 'Jim-Jim", me too!!!!!!! in my garage that is!

You do know that greens the fastest........:D:D:D

#23 ·
This was my only sighting.

I was riding my blue home from work and was approaching a light and noticed a motorcycle waiting. As I closed in, I saw a familiar fender and realized it was a green one. So I slowly pulled up next to him. He looked over at me and shouted, "No way!"

I of course had to respond, "Way!"

This is in a city with 4.5 million citizens. He said his ID on the forums was Canada, but I haven't seen him here or on the Kawasaki forum. Followed him for a mile and he turned right and I drove on home. There are quite a few Vs in Atalnta (and on this forum), but haven't seen them on the road.

#25 · (Edited)
This was my only sighting.

I was riding my blue home from work and was approaching a light and noticed a motorcycle waiting. As I closed in, I saw a familiar fender and realized it was a green one. So I slowly pulled up next to him. He looked over at me and shouted, "No way!"

I of course had to respond, "Way!"
Now for my neext question.....Tell me vhat do you zee when you luke at zhese enk blots?

and how do zhey make you.....feel?

Attachments

#31 ·
I saw a '10 just like mine today in Georgetown, TX while I was having lunch at Dos Salsas Cafe‎ at Hwy 29 and S. Main street. I don't think he saw my bike in the parking lot but his riding buddy looked right at me and was riding what was most likely a BMW. I was surprised to see another Versys let alone one of the same rare year as mine. :)