Sluggish power output - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Technical Discussion Topics related to Technical Issues

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 04:32 AM
Again, Kawasaki Versys forum to the rescue...awesome place...... I too notice a slight vibration on my bike. Time to go change the sprockets as well since its already 24K km. Cheers all....
Sponsored Links
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 06:04 AM
Hi there... check your Air filter too.... if that is clogged up somewhat - that would lead to poor air flow into the Carbi and -then you get one unhappy Versys...
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 01:58 PM
I like to compare the chain coming off to the chain I am putting on. You can visualize stretching by laying them on a clean surface side by side. Also, hanging the used chain and observing lateral slack.

I recently had a 86 VFR that had the chain tensioners installed inside out. When I tried to reassemble the same way, I simply could not make it fit. When I inspected closer, the wear indicator stickers were facing the inside. I turned them around and the rear wheel slipped right into place. However the chain quickly weared after this, and is being replaced. I am betting that chain will have a considerable amount of lateral slack.

09 Green
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode